Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

Getting ready to decide on options. Would love any thoughts from owners. Schedule to manufacture sometime in November and PU sometime in December maybe...but have not decided on or finalized options yet.

TGK

Rank I

Contributor III

OREGON
First Name
TOM
Last Name
KEILMAN
Have you taken possession of your AntiShanty trailer yet? If so, would love to get some feedback regarding your impressions? They've been building these for a while now but I've had a hard time finding any online reviews from owners.

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

Hi,
I know that my unit is in production. Materials were an issue, but communication has been very good. I’ll post more info when I can.

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

I have had it for 2 months and I using it now for a construction site office. I am very impressed with the construction and the way it goes down the road. I ordered with the AC in the front compartment. The Heater/Stove is excellent and so easy to operate. I think the configuration of the new solar that I see looks interesting, but I am happy with the roof mount. I also have a 200w Renogy that I had with the RTT I previously had. The electrical assembly is tight and well thought out. I love the flexibility and simplicity. No tanks, no wood, no insulation to get wet.. no flapping canvas..
I give it a 12/10… well worth the wait. There are some photos of my rig on AntiShanty Instagram.

Reactions: awdxtc

awdxtc

Rank I

Contributor III

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Eckenrode
I have had it for 2 months and I using it now for a construction site office. I am very impressed with the construction and the way it goes down the road. I ordered with the AC in the front compartment. The Heater/Stove is excellent and so easy to operate. I think the configuration of the new solar that I see looks interesting, but I am happy with the roof mount. I also have a 200w Renogy that I had with the RTT I previously had. The electrical assembly is tight and well thought out. I love the flexibility and simplicity. No tanks, no wood, no insulation to get wet.. no flapping canvas..
I give it a 12/10… well worth the wait. There are some photos of my rig on AntiShanty Instagram.
Is the heater thermostatically controlled or is it just on or off

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

AntiShanty Update:
I have put "The Unit" through some paces and thought to pass on some product info. It tows really well behind my 2016 Rubicon. We have had a very windy spring and it tracked better than expected. (way better than my 76 Westy) . Easy to back on to with rotation of hitch and also the Fulton Jacks roll really well. The ability to slide the tongue into the main frame is really great... makes it very easy to walk around, and a space saver. I have the AC in the front compartment, and very happy with that location. The fit and assembly is very good. Alignment of structure and parts is well done. One of the big reasons I was drawn to the AntiShanty was the materials. NO Wood or materials to rot or retain moisture. The modular concept with bench and beds is very good. Not sure from a load perspective , but if one of the 6 panels could be 1/2 width, it might be a better seat for the table configuration, or if you wanted a larger table with a full and partial panel.

Electrical is well done. Everything worked right out of the box. Connections are solid. The battery RV lock is surprisingly convenient. We have 2 Rad Power Bikes and mounted a 1UP rack with the swing gate attachment. Adding an 8" receiver extension allows the back door to swing clear.

We are going up to work on a porch project at our camp in the western Maine Mts next weekend. I can fit all the wood , chop saw, tools in one load, as well as the bikes on the back. I was at Camp last weekend, got down to @ 28 at night, the heater/stove is so easy and efficient.

I can say that the wait was well worth it.. ( I am not sponsored, but I like smart, well made equipment... this is ... )

Attachments

Reactions: #1Chop and dyoung

mrgarci

Rank I

Contributor III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Garcia
Hi Warren, my wife and I have an AntiShanty. I mentioned to Taylor at AntiShanty that we are interested in an AntiShanty user community to share ideas and experiences with. I said that we are okay with them sharing our contact info with other AntiShanty owners. Instead, Taylor pointed me to this posting. So, I'm reaching out to let you know that we are around. We picked up our AntiShanty on March 1, 2022. It is an AS-1 Pro model with the instant hot water and tank, Molle panels, fixed solar, electric brakes, kitchen box, and Rotopax options. We live in Albuquerque, NM. If you look at the AntiShanty Instagram, our trailer is the one with nighttime star trails and Milky Way. Mike

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

Hi Warren, my wife and I have an AntiShanty. I mentioned to Taylor at AntiShanty that we are interested in an AntiShanty user community to share ideas and experiences with. I said that we are okay with them sharing our contact info with other AntiShanty owners. Instead, Taylor pointed me to this posting. So, I'm reaching out to let you know that we are around. We picked up our AntiShanty on March 1, 2022. It is an AS-1 Pro model with the instant hot water and tank, Molle panels, fixed solar, electric brakes, kitchen box, and Rotopax options. We live in Albuquerque, NM. If you look at the AntiShanty Instagram, our trailer is the one with nighttime star trails and Milky Way. Mike
Hi, We are in South Coastal Maine. Really like the “Unit”..I also use it for work as a site office. I suggest you join Overland Bound and maybe this will end up the place to be! Contact me anytime..

Attachments

mrgarci

Rank I

Contributor III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Garcia
Hi, We are in South Coastal Maine. Really like the “Unit”..I also use it for work as a site office. I suggest you join Overland Bound and maybe this will end up the place to be! Contact me anytime..
Just noticed your reply. I'm not experienced with this site or it's benefits. I'll have to research it more. I was expecting a notification for your reply in email or some way but didn't get one. As far as I can tell, you are the only other AntiShanty owner here? Yes, it would be nice to have one place for an owner community. We also have really liked our trailer. At some point I'll probably consider a bike rack for the trailer back. I like how yours swings out of the way. Have you done any other improvements or tweaks? If you are interested in seeing some of our photos: Shutterfly . We're currently getting ready to leave on a camping trip tomorrow.

Yellowmerc

Rank 0

Contributor II

Freeport, ME, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Morabito
Good day to all on an older thread. Just thought I would chime in as another Antishanty owner; also in Maine...

We have the Plus with both side boxes, shower/hot water setup and the awning. Picked it up in August 2022 for the trek back home to Maine. It's been fantastic for a family of 4 (plus dog), guys mtn biking weekend away, and winter ski camping. Only issue we've had so far is with the Wallas heater. Failed on us this past weekend with temps in the single digits up north. Had to head home. Other than that, I hope my children will be borrowing it when they're older.

Reactions: #1Chop

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

Good day to all on an older thread. Just thought I would chime in as another Antishanty owner; also in Maine...

We have the Plus with both side boxes, shower/hot water setup and the awning. Picked it up in August 2022 for the trek back home to Maine. It's been fantastic for a family of 4 (plus dog), guys mtn biking weekend away, and winter ski camping. Only issue we've had so far is with the Wallas heater. Failed on us this past weekend with temps in the single digits up north. Had to head home. Other than that, I hope my children will be borrowing it when they're older.

Hi,
Well small world... We are in Yarmouth... We have used it several times... first shakedown was all the way to Winslow I have used it as a site trailer for work. There is also another unit in Falmouth near the circle on Rt 9 and Woodville. I have figured out a simple fix for keeping the side box dry... I was really surprised when I went out to load up and it was soaked and moldy inside.. We have a shop in off 115 in North Yarmouth and I could meet you there some time and say hi...

Thanks for reaching out.. I actually have talked with Taylor at Antishanty about having a user group... I think they have something in the works.. my email is warrenmichaelsen@gmail.com

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

Thanks.. I sent a request using my work FB... Environmental Solutions... Hope I can join the group...

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

We just picked up our Pro and love it! Haven't had it out yet, but will very soon. Doing a little backyard camping to figure out all the components and what to add and delete from our old camping rig.