Launch Member

Contributor III

Lancaster, CA, USA
First Name
Royce
Last Name
Kaufman
Member #

Good day all. Besides our people in AUS, has anyone had an Anderson plug installed on a WK2 here in the states? I just got my Conqueror UEV 490 and it came with all I would need to have it installed on the Jeep but I am not sure if I need to or if any of our electricians here know about them. Any help with info would be great. Thanks

pjbirch

Rank III

Member III

Gippsland, VIC, Australia
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Birch
Member #

Hi Royce, in Aus, I've fitted 4 to our vehicles over the years. They are typically used to charge the trailer batteries from the towing vehicle while driving. If your trailer has solar panels that are adequate to keep your trailer batteries charged, you may not need it.

You may be able to find out from a local redarc rep or supplier if there's an installer in your local area. Redarc have example wiring diagrams on their website.
Cheers.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I use one for connecting my winch to my battery, Also to connect my solar pnl to battery. I got a couple extra for other things but have not installed them yet. You can buy more from Amazon or ebay. There are a couple different sizes.

Jim

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

Ordered a few sets from Amazon for my home-made aux battery box. One from my Hot and ground line to the box, and one for my solar input to the box.