Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Thanks we are just starting out and intend to be an overland vehicle leasing company, giving access to people across the country to get out an explore a region previously unavailable.
That's a pretty cool idea. Hope people take care of your rigs. I plan on doing some adventure centerd business also in a few years. As soon as i retire lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Terex

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Taos, NM
Looks like a solid setup. Mine is very similar but instead of a tent on top I have 1Up bike racks for our mountain bikes and an Alu-Box for storage. We have an offroad trailer for sleeping, cooking etc. OEyjBRxUSvS3Xr1sxAXF%Q.jpg

Terex

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Taos, NM
Nice. How do you like your trailer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app
We love it. Started out looking at off-road teardrop trailers at the Overland Expo several years ago and the word "coffin" immediately came to both of our minds when we poked our heads inside. We then saw the trailers by VMI Offroad from Washington State and soon put in an order. We intentionally kept it small (10' long) and wish it was two feet longer. It has a roof that lifts up on screw jacks, three solar panels, and a great kitchen off the back. As models from Australia and South Africa make their way to the US, more options will become available. IMG_1736.JPG

hamiltonj2w1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Been eyeballing these. I like the looks of the extended with the long bed. Gotta read up more on the Duramax 2.8l.
The Duramax is awesome!! Now that mine seems to be getting broken in I get right around 33mpg's on the highway and 22 on the highway pulling our 17ft off-road camper. I get around 27-28 mpg's in town and that's after bumping up a little from the stock tire size.