Delkat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Bay Area CA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AET
Looking for some advice on lens color for lighting. I will be using a bumper that integrates a 30" Baja Designs light bar and has 2 Baja Design lower flush mounts on the sides. I was also planning to add some ditch lights on the A pillars. I don't have a lot of experience with amber lenses but heard they help in dusty/foggy conditions.

I was thinking about doing the light bar in a Driving/Spot combo in white. I'm leaning toward amber for the 2 lower mount fogs with a wide cornering lens. I'm not sure what to do with the A-pillar ditch lights. Some people recommend a spot pattern so you eliminate the hood reflections. Others recommend a wide amber and angle them outward. I see that Rigid makes a light that has LED facing forward and to the side for this application.

They will all be switched independently using a Switch Pros 9100.

Any advice from those with experience in this area?

Thanks

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I am a big believer in Amber lighting. I have been offroading for quite a while , mostly Baja and prerunners stuff, and we always used Amber. They work great when you are following someone and we always had at least one rear facing Amber to be seen at night through the dust. I currently am running Baja design squads as fogs. 2 floods and 2 spots. Floods are Amber in the way of using the Amber rock covers and floods are white. Very happy so far with the set up

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Amber definitely reduces the self blinding effect when there are particles in the air like dust, fog or snow and also when it's raining you get lesser blinding from the reflections. Using amber as front low mounted flood lights will help in this situation.
I can't say much about the rest