Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hitchcock
Member #

Rhino Rack or Front Runner makes really great racks for the 4Runner. I am running the Rhino Rack on our Lexus GX460 for a few years now and we love it! My wife and I own a small outfitting company in Fort Worth if you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a shout!

Ryan Hitchcock
www.cbadventuresupply.com

Virginiawilderness

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vienna, Virginia
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Rachel and I have had the Sherpa Equipment Co rack since last summer. Its been a really good rack. It’s quiet, low profile, light weight, and strong. Great customer service too. We’re considering buying their drawer system for the 3rd Gen 4unner pretty soon. It’s cheaper than Goose Gear and looks really good.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Lori Ritchie
Planned to get a Gobi roof rack till I found out about the 3-6 month wait. Then decided on a Prinsu, but not good for side mounting and that will be important with a RTT and sunroof. Any suggestions for a 4Runner rack I can get quickly?
I'll second the recommendation for Sherpa Adventure Co. (formerly Rocky Mtn Racks). I've had their Princeton rack on my 4Runner for about a year. Hayden and the team at Sherpa were fantastic to work with and delivery was quick and on time. Since I picked up my rack they have been designing various mounting accessories. I've seen the "smilies" (anchor points) and prototypes of the awning mounts last time I was Down in their shop in Ft Collins.

The slots where the rails mount offer a number of mounting methods with stainless 1/4"x20 hardware. You can replace the provided mounting bolts with longer ones and mount accessories on the outside of the rack using the rails as the nuts to secure the load. The slots and can also be used with a mix of Eyebolts or Lifting Eye Nuts to provide both hard mounting and tiedown points.

Boort

Reactions: Virginiawilderness