Alta Lakes CG/Telluride area , busy-ness during the week?

• HTML tutorial

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Hey howdy - Doing a road trip to my sister's place near Lyons, CO. On the way home was hoping to camp in the Alta Lakes area. My wife and I chose that area due to distance from our start, and the position in the basin. So, if I am arriving mid-afternoon on a Wednesday in July, how likely is it to be full already? Should I choose a different spot? If so, any recommendations for different spot with similar amenities? (Staying outside DGO and headed north on 550 on the way north, so that is an option on the way home as well)

All the "new normal" disclosure stuff:
-from Phoenix area, my zip code is very low on the covid count scale even tho the state is in the news
-yeah, I'm a mask wearer in public places, I want to protect you just in case I'm the one carrying, I hope you want to protect me if the converse is true
-my workplace asks the standard questions and takes temperatures before entry, which I support

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I think that you will be ok for a mid-week camp at Alta Lake. Our plan is to be there for 1 night mid-week as well. We stayed there 2 years ago on a weekend when we showed up at 7pm with 7 vehicles and found a great spot to camp. That was a July camping trip. Then last year in August we tried it again and nothing. Of course we did arrive at 9pm.

Reactions: cookiedough