ALNSM_Overland, New Member from France !

• HTML tutorial

ALNSM_Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meulan, FRANCE
Member #

Hi guys !

My name is Jordan, I'm 23 and I'm from France ! I live in the countryside, one hour from Paris. I currently serve in the French Marine Corps (Infantry Regiment).
Sorry if my english is not very good, I don't use a translator and I'm not used to write or speak fluent english.

Just to be brief, I'm an Outdoor enthusiat, a Nature lover. I'm also a mountainbike rider and a petrolhead so, traveling the world on my car with my bike on it was something natural for me.
I wanted to do that with my trusty TDI VW Golf Variant but it wasn't built for gravel road and offroad trails so I bought something a little bit more offroad-ready : a Subaru Forester.
It's an 1997 125cv AWD SF5 Forester with 240,000km (149,129miles) I bought for 900€ (1 015US$). It just needed a clutch replacment what I already did during my Christmas hollidays. Now, I just need to prepare it for the tough conditions that a long travel require and it's in progress !

The Overland Bound membership was actually a birthday gift, I got the number #5693.
We are not that much here in Europe, but if nobody makes the first step, the community will never grow
. So here I am !

I'm obviously gonna share my rig build with you and my trip which is gonna start (I hope) early 2018.

If you are a little bit curious you can check my photography work on my Flickr : ALNSM_VISUAL and my adventures on Instagram : @sxs_alnsm

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome Jordan, and your English is excellent! My French is only the very few words I pick up watching Tour de France each year. I did change a couple of your words to clarify the intent. (here vs. where)

There are quite a few Subaru owners here, so I'm sure you will have plenty of folks helping you spend your money. Take a look at @FozRoamer 's Forester for how far the vehicle can be modified.

I'm glad you've found us, and I look forward to seeing your travels.
Steve

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Welcome Jordan! :D

I might be passing through France next summer on my way to the UK.

Enjoy the stay :)

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

It was me on IG [emoji6]

Sent from my Samsung S7 using OBTalk app

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi Jordan, another welcome from the UK. Good to see more members joining over this side of the world. Looking forward to seeing where your adventures take you.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk