Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

ADVICE WELCOME. It’s our first time here AND our first time primitive camping! We are looking for tips on trails to try and sights to see as well as any must-dos.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: infennonlabs

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Going April 19th-22nd. Got a hot shower and a toilet. M.O.A.B. Trailer with a CVT tent and in SUV sleeping arrangements. Got the menu for the trip and multiple coolers. Rigs are 03 Z71 suburban with a 3” lift and 15 F150 with a leveling kit and trailer. Both on 33’s

Reactions: infennonlabs

The Mighty Expedition

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, CA
Member #

Alabama Hills is a great place to explore. Also a good choice for a first primitive cap. Its located just outside of town.
Just follow the movie road around and find a nice place for your basecamp. Try to find a spot among the rocks for shelter as the wind can be brutal at times, especially from the west.
There are roads and trails and mines to explore all around you.
The trip to Cerro Gordo is cool too. If the road is open up to the Whitney Portal be sure to check it out. Highly recommend the breakfast or hamburger at the Portal store. Have a great time.

Chris

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Just drove through Lone Pine yesterday and the temp was in the high 70’s. Beautiful and sunny. Hopefully you get similar weather. Last year Kent R and I had to change some plans on what trail we were going to take due to snow still not melted. It was in June and east of 395, what a difference a year makes. I had ice inside my tent, and it was snowing in Mammoth the day we left.

Reactions: Ozzie H

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

I see that arman firewood is the place for wood. Is that true? Or is there a better place?

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Thanks guys for the tips. We had a great time. The first night was really windy, but the rest of the time was great!!!! A9326F214986DFD5AE9EF05C1250AA1B.jpegIMG_1652.JPGF21C80918E6ADD0AD5066607B2160097.jpegIMG_1711.JPGIMG_1664.JPGIMG_1655.JPGIMG_1624.JPG

Reactions: JCWages

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds