• HTML tutorial

Rico Larroque

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Anaheim, ca
Member #

Hello!

I recently went to Alabama Hills for the first time this last weekend. It was amazing! My purpose for building up my 4Runner is for my photography hobby, I love to take night shots with rad landscapes and the Milky Way. Below are some examples of what I shoot when it's Milky Way season. I was curious to see if anyone had any suggestions for rad rock formations they enjoy at Alabama Hills. If you have other spots that you think might be awesome to photograph let me know it doesn't just have to be Alabama Hills. I am trying to avoid Joshua Tree really hard, a lot of astrophotographers go there so it's always crowded.

Feel free to add me on Instagram if you'd like to see more of the photos. I'm constantly running around in the 4Runner taking photos of it or landscapes :grinning:

Thanks in advance!
Rico Larroque

Alabama Hills

Joshua Tree

The 4Runner!

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

Very cool man. I was there weekend before last. Amazing place. I'm thinking the next two weekends there will be busy because of Spring Break. I'm not into photography so I don't get amazing night shots like this. I'm a phone photo taker guy and I have too many hobbies already so adding expensive photography equipment isn't in the cards. If a good point and shoot could take photos close to this I would invest in one. But it also drives me crazy when people constantly stop for photos. Sometimes a photo in the brain is just as rewarding.

Oh...and great color 4R!

Reactions: Rico Larroque

Rico Larroque

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Anaheim, ca
Member #

Very cool man. I was there weekend before last. Amazing place. I'm thinking the next two weekends there will be busy because of Spring Break. I'm not into photography so I don't get amazing night shots like this. I'm a phone photo taker guy and I have too many hobbies already so adding expensive photography equipment isn't in the cards. If a good point and shoot could take photos close to this I would invest in one. But it also drives me crazy when people constantly stop for photos. Sometimes a photo in the brain is just as rewarding.

Oh...and great color 4R!
I totally get you on the too many hobbies thing hahahaha. I got into photography when I was in high school so I've slowly built up my camera / lens collection. You can actually take really good shots with a Sony RX100 V which is a point and shoot. It won't be the greatest image, but it's totally worthy for Facebook or anywhere else you'd like to share your images online. The photos you take in the day time however would be very on point and perfect for printing. I have it and love it, here is a review of it for night shots. When I shoot night skies I use my Nikon D810, and I normally don't stop too often to take photos of the 4Runner. I normally do it when I'm running around on my own.

I won't be making my way out to photograph the Milky Way until mid to late next month so hopefully I'll escape the crowds, if not I'll make due with something.

Red is the only way to go!

Here's a better shot of it.

Reactions: Ozzie H