Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alcester UK
First Name
vaughan
Last Name
southall
Member #

I attended the Adventure Overland show in Sept held at the Stratford upon Avon Racecourse again. It's a great long weekend and the only show of its kind in the UK.
This forward control Land Rover is always displayed.
P1160107.JPG

And this pop top from New Zealand.

P1160088.JPG

Reactions: Sparksalot

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
There are always a few great vehicles there, often in the campers area which is generally the main place to be.
I do think Tom needs to up his game to make this show achieve the potential the show could be. The trade stands are somewhat disappointing and often leave early. By going to 2 shows a year he seems to have diluted the event and some of the trade stands are what you see at your local village fairs.

I'd like to see him go back to a single event per year and aim to make the show bigger and better aiming for the likes of Abenteuer & Allrad Show in Bad Kissingen.

Driftwood Adventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alcester UK
First Name
vaughan
Last Name
southall
Member #

I'm being totally selfish here, but I like having two shows because I only live down the road and it means I get two weekends away.:grinning: I agree that the shows needs more trade stands to make it bigger and better. I've been visiting the shows since they first started in Daventry and watched it grow. The thing that I've noticed is the lack of promotion for the show, it doesn't seem to appear anywhere. I know the some of the traders talk about the lack of footfall, but surely they need to step up and help promote the show and them selves..

Reactions: Polaris Overland