A Weekend In Scotland Exploring The Loch Lomond And Trossachs National Park.

• HTML tutorial

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Spend a weekend in Scotland exploring Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.

Due to campsites now being unwilling to take our group the camping is now going to be

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/glasgow/nrdrymen/milarrochybay

For the Friday and Saturday night and Craig has negotiated pricing as caravan club members.
Look forward to seeing you all there and I will update the Rally Point when I’m home

Next morning explore some of the Trossachs area including Aberfoyle, Loch Katrine, Loch Lomond and drive, based on the attached map, the Dukes Pass with a visit to the 3 Lochs Forest Drive a forest dirt road where we can stay and have a BBQ.

Dates 12th, 13th & 14th April.

Note:- Depending on numbers an alternative for Saturday night would be to obtain permits to camp in Queen Elizabeth Forest Park. For this option I need to apply for permits and will need to know if you will be in ground tents or Roof Tents or Campers.

https://scotland.forestry.gov.uk/forest-parks/queen-elizabeth-forest-park/three-lochs-forest-drive

View Rally Point
Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Hoots mon it’s a trip to the trosocks it is then and a spot of haggis’s huntin , kilts are optional wore the traditional. Way a must Bivy n bag

Reactions: Polaris Overland

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

This will be a great weekend, just a shame we're not able to join in.
But, will be following. It's a fantastic area.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
SO approves, so count me in please. What do I need to know/bring? And is there a cost? kind regards, K33F
Brilliant, only costs are campsite fees which you can find by looking on the links and 3 Loch forest drive access that is £2.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

Looking forward to it! Forest drives look like great fun.

I pulled the engine for a rebuild this weekend so attendance dependent upon getting the new block installed in time. Nothing like a deadline...

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran

I pulled the engine for a rebuild this weekend so attendance dependent upon getting the new block installed in time. Nothing like a deadline...
Great the more the merrier, can you respond on the rally point too just so I have all numbers in one place.
Good luck with the engine, are you doing it all yourself?

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran

Great the more the merrier, can you respond on the rally point too just so I have all numbers in one place.

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

Yes, changing the engine myself but had the rebuild done by ACR Automotive. Looks like a good engine - time will tell if it's as good as the original.

Have responded to the rally point, I think..?