• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Michael & OB Team

Is there a good way to search for members by their Rig?

So far the best I've found is searching for rig in plain text but that is difficult as many different ways to name rigs. IE do I search for
"2006 4 Runner"
"2006 4Runner"
"06 4 Runner"
"Gen4 4 Runner"
"4th Gen 4Runner"
"T4R"
...​

Maybe add a search option that allows multi selection and brings up a selection box listing a sorted and uniqued list of everyone's "Vehicle Information" profile input?

That way members can connect by vehicle type. I'm trying to find a way to look at builds and postings etc from others who have similar trucks that I have. I know that I can head over to t4r.org for some of this info, but the folks here are more closely related to the types of mods I'm interested in studying.

Boort

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

One way this might be possible is to add a field in profiles to add "tags" like we can when starting a thread. I just started a post with the tags: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Maine, etc . . . which should make it much easier for that post to show up in a search.

If vehicle type search function is being considered, this may be a good way to add fields we can populate with vehicle type, trailer type, and any other number of identifying items, without having to redesign the search function? Then one could do a search for vehicle type, etc.

OB-tags.png

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Yes! A tag system would give you locations, brands, parts, makes, models, and any other dimension you could want to search on.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@Boort @KÜHN @Mike W @Joey83

Received word that "adding the ability to specify more on the profile level" is definitely part of the software development plan. How that might include vehicle types and other member-specific info is being looked into.

Admin is working on a mess of interesting new stuff for members. Membership is growing fast, things are happening fast, and they'd like to put the right software processes into place that can be easily scaled to accomodate future growth.

Thought you'd like to know.

Reactions: Joey83 and Boort