Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Love the brown plate of yours!
Odd fact-my mom was a lunch lady when they actually prepared meals and these are relics of that past-they are great plates. I think these are pretty close that you are able to buy today.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
My Momma called them salmon croquettes. Basically the same I reckon. I haven't had any since she used to make them long ago. Dangit, that's another recipe I will have to try. Thanks!

Reactions: Road

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

My Momma called them salmon croquettes. Basically the same I reckon. I haven't had any since she used to make them long ago. Dangit, that's another recipe I will have to try. Thanks!
Give it a shot-check out that salmon I recommend if you can find it locally-some canned salmon is stronger than others and we really like this one.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Give it a shot-check out that salmon I recommend if you can find it locally-some canned salmon is stronger than others and we really like this one.
Yes, I have salmon in the pantry. Going to put some bell peppers in the recipe along with the onions. Why do they pronounce it "sammon"? I lost an argument one time about that! But, right there in the dictionary it's "sammon". Go figure?

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Yes, I have salmon in the pantry. Going to put some bell peppers in the recipe along with the onions. Why do they pronounce it "sammon"? I lost an argument one time about that! But, right there in the dictionary it's "sammon". Go figure?
Probably same reason I say I am going to warsh the dishes.....Yes if I were making the loaf at home I would have used a bit more fresh stuff, but given this was a classic campfire cuisine I wanted to used easily carried camping ingredients. Do try the sauce I made for it-I think it makes it much better than the old mayo/sour cream route.