A Place for Pilots!

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

PNW EXPLR

Rank V
Supporter +

Influencer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

My love for exploration has led me pursue becoming a Private Pilot. I thought it would be cool to be able to share experiences, cool spots, pictures, and stories in aviation here.

I currently have 8 hours logged. My time has been spent in a Cessna Skyhawk 172 N426SK. Right now I am located in Eastern Washington, PSC Airport. I am looking forward to exploring the back country someday by being able to fly into remote camp spots.

Reactions: Dario Carrera

Davidt443

Rank V

Advocate III

Hammond, LA
Member #

sup brah. I am Multi-Commercial Instrument rated. I fly right seat in a King Air 200 Part 91 currently sitting around 750 hours. I take the AFOQT in Febuary and hopefully will get picked up by my unit to fly the F-15 eagle.

We have the same dream of flying into remote spots and camping out of an airplane.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Rank V
Supporter +

Influencer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

sup brah. I am Multi-Commercial Instrument rated. I fly right seat in a King Air 200 Part 91 currently sitting around 750 hours. I take the AFOQT in Febuary and hopefully will get picked up by my unit to fly the F-15 eagle.

We have the same dream of flying into remote spots and camping out of an airplane.
Great to meet ya.
I definitely plan on getting my IFR rating. That's going to be critical in Wyoming. Weather comes and goes without much warning.
Good luck on your test. Would be pretty awesome to get behind the stick of that rig!
Great shots. Thanks for the reply.

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

Cool to see other pilots here. ATP, CFII, MEI, ASES. Spent a couple years flying corporate 135 and 91K. Right seat in the KA 350 and Phenom 100. Last job was flying a baron around KS and some of the surrounding states. Loved the flying but hated being gone so much. Work at FlightSafety now instructing on the KA 350. Not flying but I’m home and have time and money to do things like wheeling and camping. Good luck on your ratings. Blue skies.

PNW EXPLR

Rank V
Supporter +

Influencer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Cool to see other pilots here. ATP, CFII, MEI, ASES. Spent a couple years flying corporate 135 and 91K. Right seat in the KA 350 and Phenom 100. Last job was flying a baron around KS and some of the surrounding states. Loved the flying but hated being gone so much. Work at FlightSafety now instructing on the KA 350. Not flying but I’m home and have time and money to do things like wheeling and camping. Good luck on your ratings. Blue skies.
Guess it's like any other passion, once you start getting paid for it, it becomes work.

Reactions: SPJEEP4x4

PNW EXPLR

Rank V
Supporter +

Influencer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

View attachment 44726
20 years USAF in the A-10 and F-16. Currently flying the 737 for a major airline. While the fighters were a blast, the 737 is more like driving a bus, but it pays the bills. I get my kicks these days with dirt under my T4R. Photo is Luke AFB, circa 1997, call sign Spike 1.
Holy crap. That's freaking awesome.

Reactions: AZ WANDERING BEAR

Voodoo 1

Rank V

Advocate III

Edmonds, WA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

"Wyoming Overland, post: 176888, member: 7186"]My love for exploration has led me pursue becoming a Private Pilot. I thought it would be cool to be able to share experiences, cool spots, pictures, and stories in aviation here.

I currently have 8 hours logged. My time has been spent in a Cessna Skyhawk 172 N426SK. Right now I am located in Eastern Washington, PSC Airport. I am looking forward to exploring the back country someday by being able to fly into remote camp spots.[/QUOTE]

I always thought it would be fun, to be a bush pilot. So I was learning to fly seaplanes, till I was grounded for a inner-ear issue.
Before that happened, I was training on a Stinson Voyager out of Seattle.FB_IMG_1516862557063.jpg
14205_1163798370.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

PNW EXPLR

Rank V
Supporter +

Influencer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

".
I always thought it would be fun, to be a bush pilot. So I was learning to fly seaplanes, till I was grounded for a inner-ear issue.
Before that happened, my trainer happened to be a Stinson Voyager out of Seattle.View attachment 46014
View attachment 46016
I am sorry to hear that you were grounded. That must have been tough.
I love the old stinsons. I was recently looking at an old 58 Stinson station wagon. I love the way that the interiors resembled the dashes in old cars.

Reactions: Voodoo 1

oz45c

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Found this on YouTube and thought I would share. I do not have my Pilots Licence yet. I’m an A&P mechanic and crew chief on Ch-47’s. It’s been a long time dream to be able to fly out somewhere and throw up a tent and enjoy the scenery at a secluded spot.

Robert Jordan

Rank VI
Benefactor

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

I myself have also been looking into getting my Private Pilots license. I would love to fly Bush/STOL planes. However, all around me the places that offer lessons want around $15k-$20k when all said and done and I have heard that many other places can get you covered for around $9k. I just need to find the right place. This is something I have been highly wanting to do.

Joey83

Rank VI
Benefactor

Pathfinder I

Sandnes, Norge
Member #

Possible future PPL-A pilot here, had my first flight today and can't wait to go flying again :D this is gonna get expensive fast :P

flyingnome

Rank V

Traveler I

Boise, ID
Member #

Hey guys, checking into the pilot thread. I've been flying the past 18 years (attended Embry Riddle back in 2000), did instruction, freight, charter, aircraft ownership, management and finally settled in to a sweet gig flying for an insurance company that takes really good care of their people. Currently fly 8 or 9 days a month and am only away from home one night a month on average.

It's an exciting time to be in the industry as its currently booming, unfortunately the cost of entry is high.

Birdman

Rank II

Member II

Watsonville, CA
Member #

I hope to get back to PP training some day. I have 40+ hours and just need to get back to it and finish up. The problem is too many hobbies, not enough time and not enough scratch to do it all..... KWVI is my home base.

Reactions: flyingnome and DanW

DanW

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I hope to get back to PP training some day. I have 40+ hours and just need to get back to it and finish up. The problem is too many hobbies, not enough time and not enough scratch to do it all..... KWVI is my home base.
Yes, I got mine as a teen, 32 years ago. I haven't flown as pilot in command in probably 20 years, same reasons. I love it though and am still an aviation nut. I get in the right seat with friends, whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: flyingnome