Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I just put up my next recipe on the channel. This one takes a turn to the more highbrow side of camp cooking but is still all done on the cookers I use at camp. I hope you enjoy it and try it-it is really good.

Reactions: Old Tanker and Road

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I enjoyed your earlier video with the coffee at the train station. This one was also informative and enjoyable. Subscribed. Thanks.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I just put up my next recipe on the channel. This one takes a turn to the more highbrow side of camp cooking but is still all done on the cookers I use at camp. I hope you enjoy it and try it-it is really good.

Left word on your youtube channel...this is another great vid on camp cooking and prep!

You have me looking at the fry bake pans now. I love messing with recipes when camping, especially contriving an 'oven' of some sorts on my Partner two-burner. The fry-bake pans look like a viable solution when I don't want to haul one of my cast iron dutch ovens. I may leave them for trailer camping and have a fry-bake to use when I have only the van, though I'm sure it will get used for van and trailer camping.

I once cooked an entire Thanksgiving meal in the mountains of east Tennessee with my Partner two-burner and a butane single burner. I made an oven out of a couple deep disposable aluminum meatloaf pans. Flipped one upside down and clipped it to the other with binder clips. I made stuffing, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, baked rolls, turkey breast, the works. I was right proud of myself when company came from the next site over and were floored that I'd been able to cook all that in camp.

The fry-bake pans will extend what I can do, for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Tanker

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I enjoyed your earlier video with the coffee at the train station. This one was also informative and enjoyable. Subscribed. Thanks.
Thanks Old Tanker-I appreciate the words. Ya the train station video was definitely a bittersweet one.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Left word on your youtube channel...this is another great vid on camp cooking and prep!

You have me looking at the fry bake pans now. I love messing with recipes when camping, especially contriving an 'oven' of some sorts on my Partner two-burner. The fry-bake pans look like a viable solution when I don't want to haul one of my cast iron dutch ovens. I may leave them for trailer camping and have a fry-bake to use when I have only the van, though I'm sure it will get used for van and trailer camping.

I once cooked an entire Thanksgiving meal in the mountains of east Tennessee with my Partner two-burner and a butane single burner. I made an oven out of a couple deep disposable aluminum meatloaf pans. Ilipped one upside down and clipped it to the other with binder clips. I made stuffing, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, baked rolls, turkey breast, the works. I was right proud of myself when company came from the next site over and were floored that I'd been able to cook all that in camp.

The fry-bake pans will extend what I can do, for sure.

Now that Thanksgiving dinner would have made one heck of a video! Let me know next time and I will bring my camera crew (or as I call her the Mrs.) and we will put it up. But only if we get to stay and eat!