A couple of Campsite cooking Hacks

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500

Advocate II

A couple of camping hacks to save time and work while at the campsite:

Crack about eight eggs into water bottles, adding salt, pepper, and lightly beating them first.
You can do it ahead of time, eliminating the need for a whisk and a bowl, so fewer dishes to wash. give the bottle a little shake, and viola, pourable eggs.
The eggs will not last as long as they do in the shell, however.
Along the same lines, pack your pancake mix — already prepared, water added — in a large ketchup squeeze bottle with stopper. Makes breakfast or the midnight snack much faster.

Crispy

Rank VI

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Nice tips @NorthStar96

I like to use an old Ovaltine can to store my toilet paper so it doesn't get wet or damaged. You can also cut a slit down the side of the can to dispense the paper without taking the roll out of the can if you prefer. Drill a hole in the top and bottom, and you can run paracord through to hang the can anywhere you'd like.

Crispy

Rank VI

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I store my seasonings in tic tac containers which cuts down on space. Prepping meals as much as you can before a trip can save a lot of time and hassle.
I do something similar. My MSR plate and bowls came with little spice containers and salt n pepper shaker.
I have also heard of people using straws for one time use. You could use the straws for hot sauce, seasonings, to toothpaste. Just add your contents and melt the two ends.
But I prefer to have the ability to reuse containers like your tic tac box idea.

Reactions: NorthStar96

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

I packed the kids 4 person dome tent in a duffle type bag, pegs in a plastic container, small mallet, heaps of paracord small pocket knife and a couple of tarps, one for ground sheet and one for extra fly if things get nasty...ready to go in a minute !

Reactions: NorthStar96