99 Yukon

• HTML tutorial

Nico

Rank 0

Traveler I

napa
Making progress on my rig!
Need some ideas on bumpers, fender flares, rock sliders etc.
Here are some photos of where I'm at so far.

Cheers,
Nic console4.jpgyukon rack.jpg

Reactions: StuntmanMike

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Looks good. I wouldn't run flares, looks clean without them. If you plan on adding a winch look at a winch bumper. I think ranch hand look good on this body style. But if no winch there's nothing wrong with that bumper. Same with the rock sliders, if you plan on crawling I'd make my own but if it's just for mild trail use some N-Fab or similar that tuck close to the body would do just fine. If you actually need rock sliders I'd be more worried about diff/t case protection than the rockers.

If this was my truck I'd run it as-is with the exception of maybe some clear signals up front to clean it up a little and maybe the ranch hand bumper. You are really making me want an OBS Tahoe!

Reactions: StuntmanMike

Nico

Rank 0

Traveler I

napa
Looks good. I wouldn't run flares, looks clean without them. If you plan on adding a winch look at a winch bumper. I think ranch hand look good on this body style. But if no winch there's nothing wrong with that bumper. Same with the rock sliders, if you plan on crawling I'd make my own but if it's just for mild trail use some N-Fab or similar that tuck close to the body would do just fine. If you actually need rock sliders I'd be more worried about diff/t case protection than the rockers.

If this was my truck I'd run it as-is with the exception of maybe some clear signals up front to clean it up a little and maybe the ranch hand bumper. You are really making me want an OBS Tahoe!
_
_
Thank you!!
I am really happy I picked this one up!
I have been contemplating better lights up front... No point in spending money on cool roof lights if my headlights don't work well. I have some new bushwhacker fender flares I got for free, not sure if I am going to put them on?? I also am contemplating an ARB deluxe bumper up front (always wanted a truck with ARB up front). Have a prospect on a used one cheap, really like the ARB - LC conversion some guys are doing for the Tahoe/Yukon's (see pic below).

modified ARB bumper .jpg

Nico

Rank 0

Traveler I

napa
FYI..
I had cracking in my dash around the vents and retainer screws.. Ordered a Dashskin (the sales guys were super helpful) for $160 and cut it back. Pulled the retainers and patched up cracks with "black" epoxy and then covered with paired back Dashskin. Glued down with epoxy where warranted and the silicone every where else. Put back in the retainers and as good as new! Really happy with the result thought I would share, since I have seen this issue with almost every Tahoe/Yukon I looked at.
dash2.jpg

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

_
_
Thank you!!
I am really happy I picked this one up!
I have been contemplating better lights up front... No point in spending money on cool roof lights if my headlights don't work well. I have some new bushwhacker fender flares I got for free, not sure if I am going to put them on?? I also am contemplating an ARB deluxe bumper up front (always wanted a truck with ARB up front). Have a prospect on a used one cheap, really like the ARB - LC conversion some guys are doing for the Tahoe/Yukon's (see pic below).

View attachment 57695
That bumper is sweet. Yeah I didn't mention the ARB because it's out of my ballpark...I welded mine up and have about $150 in it. Maybe one day I'll put one of these on it but kind of hard to justify a single part that costs 1/4 the value of my truck. If you can get one cheap I'd pull the trigger in a second.

Bushwackers are nice, I have some generic pocket flares that I mounted and then took off after 2 weeks. I know it's not practical at all but I like a little "stance" on my truck. It does stay filthy though, I may put them back on once I re-gear and put 37s on it since I'll have a few more choices as far as width goes.

I have a few spotlights on my bumper/rear of my rack (LEDs) but rarely use them, my night vision is pretty good.

Nico

Rank 0

Traveler I

napa
yeah I agree I was thinking about just putting some of the Long John mud grabers on... Relatively in expensive and seem to be a much easier instal... I will send photos when I decide.
As for the bumper... Totally with you!
My wife might kick me out of the house if I don't find a good deal on a used one and mod. it up my self. Still working on the learning to weld. My neighbor has all the equipment and is going to teach me. Upside free.. downside his time line.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

good looking tahoe !!! if you haven't done it yet you can pick up a little kit that will keep the low beams on when you turn the high beams on , stuff in some brighter bulbs and it makes a world of difference . I got mine from summit Racing and I think it was 20$

Reactions: Nico

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I've been contemplating making some square tube sliders mainly because I don't have access to a bender and I think the square tube will go well with the square body style. Screenshot_20180406-093820.png

Reactions: Nico