Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Take #3 at meeting up in September. We will be meeting up at Eldorado Outpost and hitting the trails. We will start easy and work our way to more difficult trails. Come on out and socialize with other local overlanders and get your truck dirty. Last time was a ton of fun so do not be that guy that misses out!

If you do not want to hit the trails feel free to hike, kayak, swim, or even just cruise some of the dirt roads at the park feel free. There is also a gun range for you gun nerds, I do not have any info on it so that is all on you. Bring the family!!

I suggest a nice lunch time cookout!

All are welcome but none are obligated to hit the trails. We have a wide range in vehicle capability. I will be camping afterwords. There are multiple campsites scattered throughout the park. Badin Lake Campsite has hot showers and power and require payment and reservation. The primitive campsites are all over the place along certain trails and dirt roads.

How Much Does it Cost?
$5 trail passes can be bought at Eldorado Outpost.

Can I bring the dog?
Yes but socially challenged dogs should be left at home. We only welcome dogs that are friendly to other dogs and people. Yappy "ankle biters" and other aggressive dogs should not be brought along.

How difficult are the trails?
Varying difficulty. Most stock 4x4's can tackle the "easy" and "moderate" trails at Uwharrie. In my humble opinion there isn't much of a difference in difficulty between those two types.

TRAIL GUIDE RULE OF THUMB:
There are more difficult trails as well. If you aren't confident in your vehicles offload prowess or your driving abilities then stay away from the "3 D's" (Dickey Bell (hard), Dutch John (hard), Daniel Trail (very hard))

Leave any questions below and I will do my best to answer them!
-NC Trooper

View Rally Point
Last edited: