Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

CHANGE OF PLANS!

We are going to Uwharrie on the 9th, not Brown Mountain. Same deal as before. We will meet at Eldorado Outpost at 9AM. I will be parked in the large gravel lot in my trusty black Isuzu Trooper to meet you. We will hit the trails around 10 AM. We will hit the easier trails and then stop for lunch. After that we will do some more trails! There are a lot more easy (that is relative, I know) than we did last time, so do not think the fun is over for everyone but the guys with hardcore rigs.

After a day of wheeling feel free to camp or go home. I do not have an estimate on what time we will be done. It is kind of relaxed come and go as you please.

Important note: please try to buy a walkie talkie of some kind for communication purposes. Take some time and $$ to buy some safety and recovery equipment. Things like fire extinguishers, tow straps, and first aid kits are invaluable and are suggested.

PETS?
Yes you can bring your dog. If they are friendly towards people and other dogs. Leave the psycho dogs at home please.

Lunch details:
We will stop and have lunch as close to lunch time as possible. It would be awesome if more people could participate than last time. Bring whatever you would like to eat. If you have a grill and are willing to share that would be awesome.

View Rally Point
Last edited:

kurtwp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Won't be able to make this event. Please keep me posted when other events for this group are scheduled.

Thanks,

Kurt

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Planning to attend for the ride and the overnighter. Depending on the size of the group, if we have trouble finding a camping spot along Craig Creek there are some large spots near Upper Creek or along Kistler. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Planning to attend for the ride and the overnighter. Depending on the size of the group, if we have trouble finding a camping spot along Craig Creek there are some large spots near Upper Creek or along Kistler. Looking forward to it.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Yeah, there's some pretty waterfall hikes off of Steeles Creek and 210 ends up at Table Rock. Linville Gorge is one of my favorite places to go backpacking.

Last edited:

NC4RNNR

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winston Salem
Member #

Hate I'm going to miss it but I already have a camping trip planned that weekend. Please keep posting future trips.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Dday41

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Utah
Member #

Wish I could make it. Keep me posted about other upcoming events in this area.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I'm going to give it a week (31st), if we have a low turnout I will reschedule it. Please give me feedback on what works and what doesn't work for you guys.

kurtwp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Septemeber for me is really packed as my son plays on two soccer teams plus at the end of Sept is overland expo east so Septement is out for me. Even if most people can't do Brown Mt maybe a drive on old NC 105 in October would be a good meet up. We can drive to Wiseman's view.

Just a thought.

Kurt

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gonna try and make it. Should have another tire this week maybe 2. Last meet was a ton of fun. Gonna try and go and camp the night before. Is anyone else thinking of doing that. Its a bit more of a drive for me then uwharrie was so staying the night will make it easier.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Who is all going to Overland expo?

kurtwp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

l be at the expo. I'll be arriving Friday night and staying at a hotel within 5 miles of the expo and will be going to the expo on Saturday and for a bit on Sunday. In addition to the expo, I will be visiting some of the pubs after the expo on Saturday.

Kurt