Newbie Basic Trail Run, Discussion & Potluck down the Historic Barlow Road - 08/13/2017

• HTML tutorial

Stoute

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Portland, Oregon
Member #

A trail run through the historic Barlow Road in the Mt. Hood National Forest for people who are new to overlanding/off-roading. We'll cover some basic field training like airing down, traction aids, and possibly a winch recovery training.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

WTAGP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

camas, wa
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Are you still going to go if TSF shuts down the OHV trails because of fire hazard? TSF is IFPL I Fire Season but with this hot weather, east winds and low humidity coming they may shut down the OHV trails.

Stoute

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Portland, Oregon
Member #

Are you still going to go if TSF shuts down the OHV trails because of fire hazard? TSF is IFPL I Fire Season but with this hot weather, east winds and low humidity coming they may shut down the OHV trails.
We will not be if the fire danger stays where it is and TSF is closed. They've already marked TSF as closed as of tomorrow due to the high heat and fire warnings. We'll be keeping a very close eye on this and may either move the event location or cancel it depending on the situation at that point. :-)

Reactions: WTAGP

Stoute

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Portland, Oregon
Member #

We've moved this event to run down Barlow Road because TSF OHV trails have been closed since the 3rd. We were hoping that they'd reopen but with the lack of rain and no change of weather in the pending future, it'll more than likely stay closed through the end of the month.

We did check with 3 ranger stations yesterday and confirmed that Barlow Road is open.

If you're planning on heading out, we'll see you there!