80 Series Skid Plates?

• HTML tutorial

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

I notice that there are many manufacturers that make and sell skid plates for a variety of 4x4s, but I don't see much for the Toyota FJ80...

Now, I know that the FJ80 is quite popular and even plentiful perhaps, and I'd think there'd be more available.

That being said, while I've been lightly into 4-wheeling for some time now, I finally want to get a solid skid plate system for our FJ. I see plenty of sliders, but they don't do as well when they're not traversing a vehicle-wide obstacle.

I am specifically looking to protect the steering and front diff, the AC (once I get that ARB front bumper), oil pan/transmission/transfer case/catalytic converter.... maybe even rear diffs.. I'm just not seeing much online...

Where should I look? Experience with?

Thanks in advance \m/\m/

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Most, if not all 80 sliders protect the cats. Front end skidplating is not common or needed with a solid axle as opposed to IFS. The main protection needed is the belly of the truck. Xfer case, gas tank, muffler and tranny. Slee makes a good belly pan and a smaller xfer case plate. I have Cruisin Off-road tranny and xfer skidplates and they cover a large area, and plenty beefy. IMG_7036.JPG I've banged up the gas tank factory skidplate. The OEM muffler is super overbuilt and can take repeated hits. Main thing to watch for is the rear driveshaft.

Reactions: 94Cruiser