Launch Member

Enthusiast I

112 Riverview Close Southeast, Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Importing an 80 from Japan. Looking at slider/bumper options. Will most likely get the ARB deluxe. I'm wondering if anyone's got the full ARB bumper slider combo in one. Or is it better to just get bumper with separate sliders.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Importing an 80 from Japan. Looking at slider/bumper options. Will most likely get the ARB deluxe. I'm wondering if anyone's got the full ARB bumper slider combo in one. Or is it better to just get bumper with separate sliders.
I’m running a similar setup on my 80 to what you’re referring to, with the front fender bars trailing from the front bull bar down the sides to the sliders. I absolutely love them for so many reasons. I like the way the stock fender flairs look. Without their being protected, I’ve noticed that most of them get ripped off the wells. I also like the added protection to the side of my rig in case I bump into a steep sidewall. In addition, I like having them to hold onto when crawling or trying to get around the rig. Like a handrail. They also act as a great side step when needed. And, to top it all off....they look bad ass! It seems that everyone who sees my rig for the first time....they grab the side bars and try to shake the truck. Not sure why, but every time they do it they say, “Whoa! This thing’s awesome!!” I’ve seen ARB’s set up and hey are really nice. Only complaint I’ve heard about them is added weight. I think they add about another 30 pounds to your rig. Best to you. Enjoy your build. It’s so much fun going through the process.

tacomatt76

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

112 Riverview Close Southeast, Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

I’m running a similar setup on my 80 to what you’re referring to, with the front fender bars trailing from the front bull bar down the sides to the sliders. I absolutely love them for so many reasons. I like the way the stock fender flairs look. Without their being protected, I’ve noticed that most of them get ripped off the wells. I also like the added protection to the side of my rig in case I bump into a steep sidewall. In addition, I like having them to hold onto when crawling or trying to get around the rig. Like a handrail. They also act as a great side step when needed. And, to top it all off....they look bad ass! It seems that everyone who sees my rig for the first time....they grab the side bars and try to shake the truck. Not sure why, but every time they do it they say, “Whoa! This thing’s awesome!!” I’ve seen ARB’s set up and hey are really nice. Only complaint I’ve heard about them is added weight. I think they add about another 30 pounds to your rig. Best to you. Enjoy your build. It’s so much fun going through the process.
Thx for the info. I don't see the sides on the order list for the deluxe. Is it an add on option??