GWNF Harrisonburg Area Camp - 06/23/2017

• HTML tutorial

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Meeting up for a bit of camping and wheeling on beautiful George Washington National Forest. Meeting at the rally point doesn't demand too much from your rig, but the rest of the trails and turn off can range from easy to hard. So while the main trail can be made with a stock subaru, or even a 2wd pickup, the side trails demand a little more.

Either way, join is for a fun weekend of exploring, scavenger hunting, grillin, and overlanding!

View Rally Point
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AMERICANDADDIE

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Meeting up for a bit of camping and wheeling on beautiful George Washington National Forest. Meeting at the rally point doesn't demand too much from your rig, but the rest of the trails and turn off can range from easy to hard. So while the main trail can be made with a stock subaru, or even a 2wd pickup, the side trails demand a little more.

Either way, join is for a fun weekend of exploring, scavenger hunting, grillin, and overlanding!

Is there an option to only go for one day? I have to work Sunday.

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Idk were the meeting point is but there is a parking garage located here: 154 S Liberty St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Made for a really good meeting point before heading to the trail head.

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Idk were the meeting point is but there is a parking garage located here: 154 S Liberty St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Made for a really good meeting point before heading to the trail head.
Good deal, I'll check that out as well! I usually use the Harrisonburg Wal-Mart

If y'all get he chance, follow the link and click on going so I can have a good head count and know who to expect. Thanks and look forward to seein y'all there!

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I may be able to join this one. I'll know for sure next week.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Sounds like a fun weekend! I've never been out that way and hope my Taco can handle it, but I may swing out that weekend also.

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Sounds like a fun weekend! I've never been out that way and hope my Taco can handle it, but I may swing out that weekend also.
Glad to hear it! A stock Taco can certainly handle most of the trails with ease, so you will have no problem. Look forward to seeing you there!

Enthusiast I

Fairfax, VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Niez
Member #

Thinking about joining this one as well.
Do ya'll already have permits for the trail? Or will that be a stop before the trail head?
Then again may meet ya'll on Saturday and make it a day trip.

Cheers!

-Michael-

------FIRST POST ON OverlandBound-----

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Thinking about joining this one as well.
Do ya'll already have permits for the trail? Or will that be a stop before the trail head?
Then again may meet ya'll on Saturday and make it a day trip.

Cheers!

-Michael-

------FIRST POST ON OverlandBound-----
So for these trails you dont need a permit for licensed vehicles. So no need to pick any up. Hope to see ya there, itll be a jolly good time!

Dlcrawler

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stow, Ohio
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Lau
Member #

I might be interested in join this trip. I'd be coming from Akron Ohio and its a 7 hr drive from my house to the start. When is the start time??

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

I might be interested in join this trip. I'd be coming from Akron Ohio and its a 7 hr drive from my house to the start. When is the start time??
Giddy up, just a little bit it of a haul! Im plannin on havin base camp set up NLT 1900 on Friday. For those planning to arrive on Friday as well, I'll most likely be settinh up a time and place in Harrisonburg to meet before heading up thw mountain.

Hope to see you there!

-Mike

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Are you packing up Sunday or wheelin' as well? I could make it Saturday evening.
I'll br packing up Sunday, but plan on doing a morning run first. There will also be a couple of night rides, so youbwill definitely get some trail time if you join in Saturday evening!

Dlcrawler

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stow, Ohio
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Lau
Member #

Giddy up, just a little bit it of a haul! Im plannin on havin base camp set up NLT 1900 on Friday. For those planning to arrive on Friday as well, I'll most likely be settinh up a time and place in Harrisonburg to meet before heading up thw mountain.

Hope to see you there!

-Mike
Let me know the plans on meeting up before heading up the mountian