70 Series Troopy import to NA from Europe?

• HTML tutorial

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

bluetroopy.jpg
Hello,

I'm playing with the idea of possibly importing a LHD 70 series Land Cruiser troopy from somewhere in europe, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience buying vehicles from overseas. If I do eventually buy one, this would be quite a ways in the future, but I wanted to do some preliminary inquiries to see if such a thing is even possible.

I know that Canada's import regs do allow any Toyota vehicle between 2009-2016 to be imported, as well as any vehicle 15 years old or older, so I could get one as new as 2016, but I wanted to know how hard it is/what the process is to actually buy a vehicle in Europe and have it shipped over. What, if any, export requirements are there, what is the ballpark cost to get it shipped, how difficult is it to make the arrangements ,etc?

Any input is much appreciated, thanks!

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

View attachment 67032
Hello,

I'm playing with the idea of possibly importing a LHD 70 series Land Cruiser troopy from somewhere in europe, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience buying vehicles from overseas. If I do eventually buy one, this would be quite a ways in the future, but I wanted to do some preliminary inquiries to see if such a thing is even possible.

I know that Canada's import regs do allow any Toyota vehicle between 2009-2016 to be imported, as well as any vehicle 15 years old or older, so I could get one as new as 2016, but I wanted to know how hard it is/what the process is to actually buy a vehicle in Europe and have it shipped over. What, if any, export requirements are there, what is the ballpark cost to get it shipped, how difficult is it to make the arrangements ,etc?

Any input is much appreciated, thanks!
In the US I believe we can only import 25 year old truck. I don't know about cars. You to find a broker to import the vehicle or a company that will handle the purchase, shipping, taxes, and customs.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

In the US I believe we can only import 25 year old truck. I don't know about cars. You to find a broker to import the vehicle or a company that will handle the purchase, shipping, taxes, and customs.
I live in Canada, so the rules are slightly different. Here, any car 15 years old or older can be imported regardless of anything else. Newer cars may be imported, however there are certain rules that apply to them, and they must be enrolled in the Registrar of Imported Vehicles program.

Do you happen to know of any companies providing that service in the Euro market? I know there are a lot of JDM imports, but I'm really not a big fan of RHD vehicles, so the idea of getting my hands on a LHD troopy is very appealing.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I live in Canada, so the rules are slightly different. Here, any car 15 years old or older can be imported regardless of anything else. Newer cars may be imported, however there are certain rules that apply to them, and they must be enrolled in the Registrar of Imported Vehicles program.

Do you happen to know of any companies providing that service in the Euro market? I know there are a lot of JDM imports, but I'm really not a big fan of RHD vehicles, so the idea of getting my hands on a LHD troopy is very appealing.
I started with austousa.com when I wanted diesel landcruiser or patrol. I was on my way to buy a rhd jeep but it sold be for I got there. Rhd in the USA or Canada are rare and so cool. I ended up with and 03 Rubicon that i will be doing a vw turbo diesel swap. Good luck on the troopy. The wife and i have been to every province in Canada and taken the ferry to Newfoundland.