Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Right now, the plan is, the 4th of July Week I'm tackling the Rubicon Trail again... With my buddy Nathan from North Carolina. The more the merrier. Dates are somewhat flexible... However, Nathan won't be in Sacramento till the 3rd or 4th of July.
So, let me know if anyone is interested in joining in on the fun. This of course will be kid friendly... I'll be bring two along with me.

Reactions: Kent R

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
I can’t wait to do Rubicon but it’s going to have to wait till 2019. This year is Moab, Grand Canyon and possibly Ouray. Hope you all have a great time.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Update on this...
We will be in Sacramento from the 30th of June till the 5th of July. Then we will hit the Rubicon on the 6th... The plan is to spend 3 days on the trail to the other side. Then cross the desert to Moab. Be in Moab on the 10th. Going to play in the Moab area till the 13th when we are heading up the backroads to Ouray. Really want to explore some of the passes there. Hopefully they will all be open... fingers crossed. Then head home.
If any of you would like to join us, just pm me and we can figure out a meeting place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Update on this...
We will be in Sacramento from the 30th of June till the 5th of June. Then we will hit the Rubicon on the 6th... The plan is to spend 3 days on the trail to the other side. Then cross the desert to Moab. Be in Moab on the 10th. Going to play in the Moab area till the 13th when we are heading up the backroads to Ouray. Really want to explore some of the passes there. Hopefully they will all be open... fingers crossed. Then head home.
If any of you would like to join us, just pm me and we can figure out a meeting place.
Will you be in Sac from June 30 to July 5th?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Yes we will be.
Cool I thought that was a typo. If the timing works out maybe we can see you guys at Loon before you hit the trail.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Specifically we will be right in your neck of the woods. Shingle Springs off of US 50.
Well that is different, lets keep in touch maybe our club can host something while your here.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Let me know if there are any get togethers that week while we are out there. Always fun meeting new people.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey im going to switch this over to PM Im thinking we need to have a special meet-up at our club house (Solid Ground Brewing in Diamond Springs)

Reactions: w_m_photo

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I'd love to do the Rubicon Trail, but this year is not an option.

As far as the passes in the Ouray area being open in mid June, it is going to depend on which trails you want to run. Most of the good ones don't open until late June to mid July. Check out the Switzerland of America Jeep Tours site for the most up to date trail opening info.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

I'd love to do the Rubicon Trail, but this year is not an option.

As far as the passes in the Ouray area being open in mid June, it is going to depend on which trails you want to run. Most of the good ones don't open until late June to mid July. Check out the Switzerland of America Jeep Tours site for the most up to date trail opening info.
Mistyped... We'll be there mid July...

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I will put out a Rally Point so the meet-up in Sac also hears about the Solid Ground meet-up July 3rd.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Mistyped... We'll be there mid July...

You should be pretty good then snow wise. Maybe only Black Bear and Imogene closed at that point. You might run into the FJ Summit which will crowed the town and tails a lot.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hey all, new guy here from Dayton. Was thinking about doing the Rubicon that same week. Was concerned about crowded trails
It will be crowded but as long as everyone goes West to East it should be fine. But Their is always that one person if you know what I mean.
hey all, new guy here from Dayton. Was thinking about doing the Rubicon that same week. Was concerned about crowded trails
Keep an eye on this thread the Sierra Foothills Overlanders will be getting together at Solid Ground Brewing probably on the third.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Hey, if you are planning on hitting the Rubicon that same week... Might as well join us. The more the merrier...

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Date update.
Nathan should be in Sacramento on the 6th... So, the plan is to hit the Rubicon on the 7th in the morning.
PM me if anyone would like to join up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Are we still good for the meet and greet on July 3rd at Solid Ground Brewing?