US West Doc Runner’s 4runners maiden Voyage.

• HTML tutorial

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
After a long wait Doc Runner has her finally home. His 4Runner is looking for some dirt. Come for the day or plan to stay a night. Plan is to explore and find a camping site sand enjoy the scenery. Most of the day will be spend exploring and seeing what the 4Runner can do.

Reactions: Doc Runner

Keith Feighner

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Feighner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCS
I will be unavailable, I need to prepare to be deployed for the up coming hurricane Ida that will hit landfall on Sunday.
Keith

Reactions: Doc Runner

RangerBill

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA
Member #

@Offroadtails, just a heads-up that when I was in the area SE of Dorrington back on 7/24 all the Sierra Pacific land was closed because of fire danger. I had mapped a route from HWY 4 through Sourgrass over to 108, but turned around after a few "area closed / no trespassing" signs. I probably could have found a route through by heading further east than I had planned, but didn't have time that day for an extended route-finding adventure. Good luck with your trip!

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
@Offroadtails, just a heads-up that when I was in the area SE of Dorrington back on 7/24 all the Sierra Pacific land was closed because of fire danger. I had mapped a route from HWY 4 through Sourgrass over to 108, but turned around after a few "area closed / no trespassing" signs. I probably could have found a route through by heading further east than I had planned, but didn't have time that day for an extended route-finding adventure. Good luck with your trip!
Thank you for heads-up. If nothing else it should a good just to explore for future trips.

Reactions: RangerBill

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Well, only Doc Runner and I made the run. We had a good time exploring the forest and found a few spot to go back to that could hold a group. Ranger Bill was correct and the timber companies have asked to not go on their lands due to the high fire danger.

Reactions: RangerBill