Launch Member

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Cup
Last Name
Joe
Hello!

I'm brand new to the overland community and I'm looking for some help getting started building out my rig. I currently own a 2017 TRD Sport 4x4 Double Cab which is completely stock aside from some cosmetic changes that I made over the past year. I've taken this vehicle "off-road" a couple of times just to see how it performed without any modifications and overall, I thought it did performed well. I guess what I really want to know is what do I need to get started? I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube where people install lifts, suspension, tires, bumpers, and gears. How do I determine what items I need for the build vs what's I don't need? My intentions are to build a capable truck that can go perform well off-road for weekend overlanding and camping (I live in the DMV and I'm still researching places to go for that. It doesn't seem like there is much around here ).

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Well if your gonna put big tires on it id start with the lift , then get your tires you want put on then gearing to match the new tire size if its even needed, bumpers would be the last thing i worry about.