Rank II

Traveler III

Fremont, NE, USA
First Name
Zachariah
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Thank you! Any age restrictions or anything? I can't find a FAQ page.
Hey @Survivor602 here is the link to the FAQ page. No age restrictions that I can see. You have to list who will be going with on the sign up page as it is a ticket per person but passengers are cheaper as add-ons.

FAQ - Mountain West Venue — Overland Expo®
Thank you kindly. I'm trying to get my son more into the outdoors. At his mom's he sits in front of a dang screen 24/7. trying to get him to realize that the outdoors and nature's way more interesting than a crappy fake that game.

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Hey folks. Getting close to trip time! Get excited.

Lets talk Thursday night camp plans. We are going to meet up at Shoemakers in Lincoln at 4p and head west. Lets break up the trip and camp before we get there. Ive heard suggestions for Lake Mac or north platte area. Thats a good halfway we can stop. Then get up early and hit denver in time for morning arrival to expo.

Ideas on areas around? Dont know lake mac well but i do know of a free camp open site at Potters Pasture outside of north platte. My only requirement is we must stop at Pals brewery in north platte haha. I hear its good.

Thoughts? Lets talk

Reactions: JK_pix

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Hey guys, looking at Lake Mac camping areas, most appear open for the night of 8/26. This is for primitive tent spots, $25 per site on beach area. Has anyone already made reservations? Lake Macs rules are during peak summer season (now through SEP15) you must make a reservation before arriving.

camp reservation online

1628873920940.png

Let me know and I can make reservations for the group. Looks like 1 site can fit up to 8 people.
@Grant and Shelly @RedBeard303 @FlightBenja @NE Overland

Grant and Shelly

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Nebraska, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Grant and I are planning on beach camping the 25 & 26,We have always wanted to beach camp, this trip seems like a perfect first time!
We will gladly meet up and or hold down the spot.

Reactions: freedomomelet

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Overland Bound Coffee meetup at Zarges booth, Saturday, 0900-1030, with founders Michael & Corrie.

Possible informal meetup at camp Friday with same.