Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

It looks like you‘ve reached vehicle capacity. I’m interested in attending if space allows.
You are more than welcome to join! I can accommodate for one more. But after 5 total it’s capped. And we will be at that number. Hopefully we will have a good holiday out in the woods

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Here’s some rough route planning. Roughly 75-100 miles of dirt planned. I’ve planned for Buzzards Roost, Old NC 105, Hurricane Creek, and Old House Gap. I have 4 camp spots on Hurricane Creek, 7 on NC 105, and multiple others to choose from. May ride up to Max Patch as well. Just depends. Supposed to get snow as of now at elevation so it should be a good trip. If you have any questions let me know! Looking forward to it for sure!

Attachments

Reactions: Elwratoe

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

I have changed our route around a little bit to accommodate for possible road closures due to the possibility of snowfall every night at elevation where we may/may not be staying. We will be in the Waynesville/Cataloochee Valley area Thursday. Thursday evening we will be camping on Hurricane Creek. FInishing Hurricane Creek through to TN and back into NC on Friday. Dependant on how far we get Friday, the plan is to continue back south and east over towards Asheville and get onto the Blue Ridge Parkway and travel north until we get to the head of Old NC 105 where we may or may not camp Friday evening. Simply depends on weather and timeframe. Saturday we will finish Old NC 105 and go through the Cragg and Mortimer area along with Taking Old House Gap back north towards Boone and blowing rock. Saturday Evening, we will circle back to NC 105 to camp. Sunday's plan is going to vary, depending on who all plans to stay Sunday evening. My girlfriend and I will be staying Sunday evening and leaving to head home Monday afternoon.

This is a rough plan of our route, and camping locations. Looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone! IF there is anything anyone wants to do or see please let me know as we will have plenty of time to accommodate for some extra activities. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the morning of the 31st in Morganton. PLan is to meet between 1030 and 11 at the Cracker Barrel in Morganton and head west from there!

Last edited:

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Which sites do you have in mind for NC105? I am not part of this ride but am a regular to the area of 105.

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
There are a couple in particular. On near the south entrance and 1 about halfway up going north
KMHCS04? That is our "home" better known to us as B
There are a couple in particular. On near the south entrance and 1 about halfway up going north
I know the area well. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
I’m not going to be able to attend this. So my spot is open.
Our travel plans put us in the area but moving to much to go sadly.
Enjoy the trip! Maybe we will catch you at max patch!

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

KMHCS04? That is our "home" better known to us as B
I know the area well. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
There are a few places we plan to camp. There’s a large camp spot near some rock cliffs about halfway up 105, that we plan to stay at due to needing the space for the number of vehiceles

Trevor Atchley

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
Our end of year plans have changed, and, regrettably, it looks like I won’t be able to attend, either. Have a great trip! I’ll keep an eye out for future rides.

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

First night of camp on the front side of Hurricane Creek. Went up to Max Patch today and came back down to Hurricane Creek. Trails are very wet and Max Patch Rd still had snow from this past week. Looking forward to the rest of the trails we plan to hit this weekend.

Attachments

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
How did the rest of your trip go? I’m bummed we didn’t get to join in, if I hadn’t been towing the camper for the other couple we would have joined for a day or two.

I really wanted to run hurricane and see max patch. We ended up hiking Mt.Leconte one day and although a great hike it wasn’t the best day for it due to fog and wind.

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I never made it up to 105. Hope the trip was a success. Sorry I missed it.