US West OB Central Valley: MET (Mormon Emigrant Trail) Winter Jamboree!

• HTML tutorial

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
Tis the season and its time to enjoy it! This will be the 1st annual Central Valley Winter Jamboree!

For once, when a gate is locked on a trail it means that we get to play! The MET trail turns into a winter wonderland for those preferring the road less traveled. We will get to enjoy roughly 22 miles of white fluffy roads. Come out and join us for some slippery snow plowing fun!

View Rally Point

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
Here is the Rally Point! Only 10 spots, Get 'em while they're hot!!!

I signed up. I’ll be bringing 1 more rig with me (Andy). I’ll try to get him signed up on the forums this weekend.

Reactions: Bucket_Head_57

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
I just updated the rally point to reflect possible campsites for each night and I uploaded the GPX file for the route we will be taking. Please be flexible as this might change due to weather and/or accessibility.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I just updated the rally point to reflect possible campsites for each night and I uploaded the GPX file for the route we will be taking. Please be flexible as this might change due to weather and/or accessibility.
Hey Jason you need to build a folder within Gaia and put your waypoints under that. I don’t see any markings for camp spots in the map. So if you click on your waypoint and then select move to folder then it will all store together.

Reactions: Bucket_Head_57

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Not sure on snow.

Are we still going if the state locks down?

mick_n_ca

Rank II

Enthusiast I

California, USA
First Name
Mick
Last Name
G
Member #

I just got my truck back wish I would have seen this earlier. Hope everyone still gets to go with new SIP order

Federico

Rank II

Contributor III

sacramento, CA
First Name
Federico
Last Name
Mazabel
Member #

Can’t wait! Coming from Sac so will probably meet up closer to the trail. Let me know what works best for everyone

BJKWON

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Kwon
Member #

I'm coming from Sac as well, have to work in the morning. What time are we expecting to be at the trail head?

Federico

Rank II

Contributor III

sacramento, CA
First Name
Federico
Last Name
Mazabel
Member #

I'm coming from Sac as well, have to work in the morning. What time are we expecting to be at the trail head?
Where about’s in Sac are you? We should head up and meet with them together. There’s a Safeway up there that might make sense to all meet up at for some last minute things

BJKWON

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Kwon
Member #

I\'m coming from Sac as well, have to work in the morning. What time are we expecting to be at the trail head?
Where about’s in Sac are you? We should head up and meet with them together. There’s a Safeway up there that might make sense to all meet up at for some last minute things
Yes, let's meet up at the Safeway. I'm coming from North Natomas area

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
I\\\'m coming from Sac as well, have to work in the morning. What time are we expecting to be at the trail head?
Yes, let\'s meet up at the Safeway. I\'m coming from North Natomas area
Are you guys talking about the Safeway in Pollack Pines? I expect our group from Manteca will arrive there around 3:30 or so. Here's my number if you need it...Brian 209-612-7524

BJKWON

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Kwon
Member #

Ok, great. I'll plan on meeting at the Safeway in Polluck Pines at 3:30. I'll be in a 1977 Black FJ40 and my brother will be with me in his rig, a 1993 Blue Defender 90. My cell number is 415.793.8092. Ben

BJKWON

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Kwon
Member #

Ok, great. I'll plan on meeting at the Safeway in Polluck Pines at 3:30. I'll be in a 1977 Black FJ40 and my brother will be with me in his rig, a 1993 Blue Defender 90. My cell number is 415.793.8092. Ben

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
Me and the family will meet there as well if you dont mind ! Gold excursion Andrew 661 2891817
Sounds good. Go ahead and RSVP to the Rally Point so you can get any updates. I see you're in Pollack Pines. Do you know if there is any snow on the trail?

GoldMember

Rank I

Member I

Pollock Pines, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Me and the family will meet there as well if you dont mind ! Gold excursion Andrew 661 2891817
Sounds good. Go ahead and RSVP to the Rally Point so you can get any updates. I see you're in Pollack Pines. Do you know if there is any snow on the trail?
we have been in Lincoln all month but my family says no snow in pollock proper but who knows how far up the road it is still on the ground.

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Sounds good. Go ahead and RSVP to the Rally Point so you can get any updates. I see you\'re in Pollack Pines. Do you know if there is any snow on the trail?
Snow line is about 5 miles from 88 going up MET. No snow has fallen in the last few weeks since I was there so it’ll be very icy but there snow in the forecast for Saturday so that’ll a super cool night of camping Saturday night. The gate at the top is closed but we can get right to it. Sheriff has been up there and is upset people have been driving over the berm and will issue citations if he sees anyone crossing it so we have to keep that in mind and respect that.

There are a bunch of offshoots from the main trail we can explore. We’ll be with a group of very capable vehicles and drivers so this trip is where we can explore and see what our vehicles can and can’t do. There’ll be plenty of tools and resources with us to get us out of most situations. It’s going to be very cold up there so please pack what you think you’ll need, and then some extras. We want everyone up there to have fun and be safe. Can’t wait to see everyone up there!!

If you’ve got Gaia, please download maps for the area. And we’ll be on 146.460 so please at least have a radio to hear everyone on. There is little to no service up there so keep that in mind too.

Brian, something came up so I gotta leave a bit later than I wanted to but I’ll keep you updated if anything changes.

Reactions: PapaDave