Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Los Angeles
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wells
I am an explorer and Overlander from Los Angeles. I recently moved out of my place, sold most of my belongings and am selling my business to start a new life outside of the United States. Over the next few months I am living life on the road and in nature in an effort to live life to the fullest while saving money for my eventual move.

I am planning on spending December 5th - 20th exploring all of Baja California.
Relaxing, Hiking, Off Roading etc. I thought it would be cool to team up with another explorer for the journey.
Life is always more of an adventure when moments are shared with like minded people/travelers.

I am very friendly, intelligent, and I have been off roading, over landing, and exploring for about 4 years now so I always come prepared. I'm a safe traveler and a firm believer in exercising common sense to ensure my journeys go as smoothly as possible.

This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who's been thrown off by 2020, Covid, and any of the other craziness this year and is looking for a trip to just relax, rejuvenate, and be inspired.

And if you are a seasoned over lander/traveler then this is definitely a great opportunity.

I'm open to anyone joining.

So if you're interested, let me know!

View Rally Point

OROZŪK

Rank I

Contributor III

Vista, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Norris
Member #

Brian, I'm clearly too late to this thread but I'm interested to know how your trip went. I found you while researching a trip I have planned for March through May of 2024. The general plan is to overland south from San Diego County along the length of Baja California to La Paz. Then a ferry ride across the Gulf of California to Los Michos, Sinaloa. Once on the mainland, my destination will be in the state of Durango to see the solar eclipse. After that, north to cross back into the US either in New Mexico or Arizona making my way to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff by mid-May.

With all of that in mind, the idea is to traverse Baja in ten days dividing that section into 100 mile/day chunks. Giving myself four days to get to the eclipse site and a little over five weeks to reach Flagstaff from there. I plan to scout the whole trip between now and then to become familiar with and known to the people along the way. I'll also seek permission to camp from the local property owners and authorities at the eclipse site.

I think the ideal size for a small group will be four to five vehicles. Fewer feels potentially unsafe. More sounds like a management and logistical headache. The vetting process starts here to add to the two vehicles in place at the moment.

Would you have any information to share or, beyond that, any interest in the excursion?

Thanks for your consideration.

- Glenn