Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
This will be a day trip through Botetourt and Craig Counties to enjoy some of the fall scenery and spend some time hanging out in the woods and supper together in the great outdoors.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: Wallygator

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Selling the commander wife says one must go so the rubicon is staying

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Selling the commander wife says one must go so the rubicon is staying

That stinks man, but I understand just wanting to have one toy. I still have a Camaro I need to get going or get rid of....

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Little update:

We were talking yesterday about getting a bite to eat after the ride but couldn't figure out a good place to go so we are going to try to end the ride at a camp site or picnic shelter or similar location and everyone fix themselves something to eat for supper on our camp gear! Kinda mix a little camp craft in with the day.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We've only got two folks showing as attending right now. If you plan on coming out, please follow the link to the RP and reply so we have an idea of how many folks we're looking for to show up.

We will use FRS/GMRS for vehicle to vehicle coms. If you don't have anything for this, a pair of the inexpensive hand helds from your local big box store work great for this. Just grab a pair and a couple sets of batteries for them and you'll be good to go.

If you are a Ham, we'll be monitoring the 146.745 and 146.970 linked repeaters as well.

We'll be rolling out at 9:30 so please be fueled up and have any supplies/food/ect you'll need for the day.

Last edited:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Yep! Got the X repaired today and back in action and we're just about packed. Just gotta throw some stuff in the X in the morning.

Fought a migraine all day and it finally put me down about 2 for a couple hours so I haven't been on here today. Sorry about that.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it out in the morning!