Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I might be available. For the moderate difficultly, would a full size 2500 make it through the trails/exploration?

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
This is a day trip to get out and explore. We will explore the area south of Lower Bear Reservoir.
Are you planning to head east towards the Long Valley and Hungaletti Ridge Trails? If so, that's a great area to explore. I was up there earlier this summer, the section east of 38.63182, -120.05880 gets pretty rocky.

Reactions: Offroadtails

DiggersDue

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Lambdin
Member #

This sounds like a lot of fun I will have to check with the other half. What does moderate difficultly entail? I don't know if my rig is good enough. Thanks!

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
This sounds like a lot of fun I will have to check with the other half. What does moderate difficultly entail? I don't know if my rig is good enough. Thanks!
i have a stock Tacoma, had no issues.
Are you planning to head east towards the Long Valley and Hungaletti Ridge Trails? If so, that's a great area to explore. I was up there earlier this summer, the section east of 38.63182, -120.05880 gets pretty rocky.
i will have to take a look at the route. I am running a stock Tacoma.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
i will have to take a look at the route. I am running a stock Tacoma.
There are several different trails in that area that you can connect together.
- Long Valley Trail
- Hungaletti / Squaw Ridge
- Pardoe Trail

There are also a couple different routes that you can take down to Mud Lake. Some of these roads were opened (or re-opened) to trucks in the last few years so I recommend looking at the NF maps for details. You might also want to check out Plasse Peak and the Plasse Trading Post site.

Oh, and keep an eye out for historical markers such as this one. There are several along the trails in that area.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
There are several different trails in that area that you can connect together.
- Long Valley Trail
- Hungaletti / Squaw Ridge
- Pardoe Trail

There are also a couple different routes that you can take down to Mud Lake. Some of these roads were opened (or re-opened) to trucks in the last few years so I recommend looking at the NF maps for details. You might also want to check out Plasse Peak and the Plasse Trading Post site.

Oh, and keep an eye out for historical markers such as this one. There are several along the trails in that area.

I was with Curt and he is member of that group that puts them in. He has guide book for the Hennessy pass road. I want to do the road next year.

Reactions: slomatt

Curt_JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

666 Florin Road, Sacramento 95831
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QMH
Markus
I'll meet at Raley’s Parking lot; 8:00AM . My son is coming with me and will probably drive.

I'll also bring the Carson Trail and Henness Pass historical marker books.

DiggersDue

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Lambdin
Member #

Well as life happens something came up and we won’t be able to meet this morning. I hope you guys have a great trip and maybe next time things will work out.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Markus
I'll meet at Raley’s Parking lot; 8:00AM . My son is coming with me and will probably drive.

I'll also bring the Carson Trail and Henness Pass historical marker books.
Nice, see you then
Well as life happens something came up and we won’t be able to meet this morning. I hope you guys have a great trip and maybe next time things will work out.
sorry to hear this, I hope all is well. See you next time.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Thank you to everyone that came out including all kids today. We did a quick geocache hunt before hitting the trail. Cache was found and logged. Even did a quick clean up of a camp site location after the run was completed. Thank you. Again. There is some video and drone footage that will hopefully get uploaded soon.