Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Spend the weekend in the Land between the Lakes National Recreation Area with fellow Overland Bound members. Let's get together and hit some trails, camp and enjoy some campfire time.
(Each person will need an LBL Basic Camping Permit and you can find these at the links below.)

View Rally Point

Colt Mansfield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Colt
Last Name
Mansfield
Member #

I already had a camping trip planned with a buddy at LBL for that Friday night. We'll probably keep to ourselves for the evening, but I'm going to try to come wheel for a bit with y'all on Saturday. There was no GMRS channel listed. Does anyone know or want to pick one beforehand?

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
I already had a camping trip planned with a buddy at LBL for that Friday night. We'll probably keep to ourselves for the evening, but I'm going to try to come wheel for a bit with y'all on Saturday. There was no GMRS channel listed. Does anyone know or want to pick one beforehand?
Great to have you onboard for another run through the mud in LBL....

Reactions: Colt Mansfield

dcypherthis

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Cypher
Member #

I already had a camping trip planned with a buddy at LBL for that Friday night. We\'ll probably keep to ourselves for the evening, but I\'m going to try to come wheel for a bit with y\'all on Saturday. There was no GMRS channel listed. Does anyone know or want to pick one beforehand?
Great to have you onboard for another run through the mud in LBL....
Heck yeah. Been wanting to do a meetup for a while. Look forward to seeing you all!

NateJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Murfreesboro TN
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Little
Would the camp site be a good trailer drop? My rig has been a off roader for so long, and its not registered. SO I'd have to trailer up and then "offroad" from there.

I was led to this event from a co-worker. Sounds exciting to actually bring my wife along.

Reactions: Crisman

Greg Barnett

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville TN
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Barnett
Member #

Hey folks,
My friend and I are gonna be at LBL that weekend. We haven’t finalized our plans yet (this weekend) We will definitely plan to catch up for sure. I will look for more details.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I wanna make this so bad. Going to Ozarks the following week though. Definitely be watching for the next one!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Really wish I could make it on this trip. Where can I research more about these trails y’all are going on??
@tank2006 the links in the Rally Point should give you a good start on researching the trails. Generally the 100 trails are the easiest, 200s are moderate and the 300 are difficult. Keep in mind that any amount of rain can change these ratings dramatically.

Reactions: TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
Hey, fellow OB'ers I noticed from some of the chat posts there may be a few folks who might not be familiar with LBL. I have attached a decent GPX of LBL if anyone would like to see the massive trails and roads LBL has. Let me know anyone is having issues opening and I will try to upload in a different format.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

OLB Comms US: Ham:146.460, GMRS:15, CB:16

Reactions: Colt Mansfield

tks22617

Rank I

Member I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
TIM
Last Name
STRIEGEL
Member #

Looking forward to this trip, it will be my first trip to LBL and a great excuse to get my wife camping and out of the house for a weekend. I can probably bring a bit of extra firewood if needed as well.