Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Three night western tour of Death Valley. Burgess Mine, salt tram, Cerro Gordo (what’s left), possible jet watching (if they fly still), Hunter Mountain Pass, Ubehebe crater, Race Track, Lippincott Pass, Steel Pass, Dedeckera Canyon, and Eureka Dunes. **be sure to read the section on Yosemite Day Pass**

View Rally Point
Reactions: Ubiety and Mark E

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I think Im in for this since I couldnt make the last one

Reactions: PapaDave

DocTaco

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Modesto
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Maston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZE
You can get the day pass through recreation.gov

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
**Our route will take us through Yosemite National Park which now REQUIRES a day pass ($35) purchased IN ADVANCE! You will need to create a simple account, choose October 22, 2020, and the pass is good for 7 consecutive days so it will allow you to pass back through on the way home. Recreation.gov

Reactions: rho

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I get the annual pass. $80 is well worth it. Gets you in to every National Park, Preserve, Recreation Area, etc that is covered under the US National Parks system. I've used it 9 or 10 times this year in various National Parks. The problem with Yosemite is that I hear they are limiting visitors. They may not like to see a caravan come through but who knows what it will be like next month.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I get the annual pass. $80 is well worth it. Gets you in to every National Park, Preserve, Recreation Area, etc that is covered under the US National Parks system. I've used it 9 or 10 times this year in various National Parks. The problem with Yosemite is that I hear they are limiting visitors. They may not like to see a caravan come through but who knows what it will be like next month.
Yes they are limiting visitors which is why we have to purchase a visitor pass in advance before they sell out. ASAP for those planning to attend, otherwise people will have to go 108 or down around through Bakersfield

Reactions: Bud Anderson

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
I just made a reservation for $2. I'm planning on buying an annual pass at the window when we get there. Heading to Utah's Mighy 5 next May, so I'll get good use of it.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Once our trip fills up I’ll start an email thread to discuss further points. For those who’ve never been on a big group trip, or to Death Valley, this is the real deal. You will need to make sure your vehicle is ready to handle the wilderness, that you are completely self-sufficient, at least 5-10 extra gallons of fuel, rear amber light (non negotiable, Pat...), HAM radio, 2 gallons of water per person a day, and other specific needs you require. We will have some long driving days so come prepared to get out on the trail early each morning, and aware you may be changing a tire.

Death Valley is probably my favorite destination, this is gonna be fun!

RJFJR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, CA, USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Fleischmann
Member #

Any trick to reserving a pass thru yosemite? Just tried and everything is grayed out (unavailable).

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
I just went to the website. There are permits available right now. I just checked. No need to wait.

S0NNY

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Encinitas, CA, USA
First Name
Sonny
Last Name
Chisholm
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HXM
Hi everyone. Newer member and my first Overland Bound outing. Not exactly sure how all this works and the etiquette around joining meet ups, but I RSVP'd and hope it's alright if I join.

I'm coming from North County San Diego...Is it safe to assume I don't need the Yosemite pass?

I have a Ham radio, but I don't have a rear amber light. Does anyone have any recommendations? My initial thought was to wire up an amber KC Cyclone.

Rids93

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Rid
Last Name
Sumarna
Member #

Hi everyone. Newer member and my first Overland Bound outing. Not exactly sure how all this works and the etiquette around joining meet ups, but I RSVP'd and hope it's alright if I join.

I'm coming from North County San Diego...Is it safe to assume I don't need the Yosemite pass?

I have a Ham radio, but I don't have a rear amber light. Does anyone have any recommendations? My initial thought was to wire up an amber KC Cyclone.
In Amazon search "Amber portable light"-$19.99

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

No you will just get over to 395N and come up to the Lone Pine CA meet up spot ready to leave there by 3pm. The amazon light isn’t bad but the Cyclone light is the rugged option for sure. Have you been to DV before?

Reactions: 06tacodude