Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
This will be an exciting weekend trip up in the Sierra Mountains. This trip will get technical and is NOT trailer friendly. 4x4 with AT tires are a must. Being capable of airing down is highly recommended (bring an air compressor). High vehicle clearance is a plus. Extra fuel is recommended.

View Rally Point

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
I love those trails.. Have you confirmed that Deer Valley is open. I was planning on heading up there next weekend but the Amador Ranger District Website says it is \"Closed Wet\"?
We were up near Spicer a couple weekends ago, the ranger we talked to said the whole area up there should be open.

I'll definitely be checking on it the next couple weeks.

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
The rally point has been updated with all the coordinates for the trip!

But just in case........:laughing:

• Corral Hollow Trail (Friday)
    • West Trail Head (38.41293, -120.13654)
    • Old Forest Cabin (38.47095, -120.09328)
    • Corral Hollow Campsites (38.47955, -120.07413) - depending on how many rigs attend, this will be our secondary campsite.
    • Mountain Vista Campsite (38.47930, -120.06392) - this will be our 1st choice for our campsite if available.
    • East Trail Head (38.45693, -120.05284)
  • Deer Valley Trail (Saturday)
    • South Trail Head (38.53831, -119.897)
    • South Water Crossing (38.571542, -119.914807) -Primary Campsite for the night
    • North Water Crossing (38.591271, -119.919831) -Secondary Campsite for the night
    • North Trail Head (38.60926, -119.92461) -Tertiary Campsite for the night
The ultimate goal for Saturday is to make it to the North Trail Head and have lunch at the dam and then back track to the south water crossing for camp. This would make Sunday morning a little easier.

If for some reason that does not happen due to time, we can make camp when we 1st get to the south water crossing and save the rest of the trail for Sunday morning. Then take HWY 88 home. This will obviously add miles and time to your trip home. When the time comes, we can make group decision.

Reactions: Telldanny

Telldanny

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
G
Member #

Nice excited about this 1. We just got back from slick rocks and had a blast! we are looking forward to some slightly more technical stuff! let’s do this.

Reactions: Bucket_Head_57

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
I am interested in this run, I am new to the area and the group.... Is there more info on the trip?
Definitely, at the top of this forum is my initial post with a link to the rally point. All of the info I'd located there. You can find the gpx file, coordinates for all the stops and so on.

Most importantly, please RSVP within the rally point.

Reactions: MrTheKiller

Telldanny

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
G
Member #

Hello Jason depending on how works goes if worst comes to worst I will be meeting you guys at camp Friday night . As we get closer I’ll check in with you as to which camp of the 2 we will be camping at

Reactions: Bucket_Head_57

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
Hello Jason depending on how works goes if worst comes to worst I will be meeting you guys at camp Friday night . As we get closer I’ll check in with you as to which camp of the 2 we will be camping at
Sounds good buddy!

Reactions: Telldanny