Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

This Saturday, June 20, myself and a couple friends are going do drive up 8th street (Boise Ridge Road) to a flat lookout spot where it looks like people have been having fires. We're going to have a fire, stay for the sunset, and then if people are interested, drive the road at night, at least to Bogus Basin road, you can go all the way up Bogus Basin road and take that to Horseshoe bend if anyone wants to make that long trip that late at night. If you'd like to bring one package of wood to contribute, feel free. I'll pick up a few. The more we have the nice of fire and the longer we can have it!

I'll be driving up there this afternoon to record a GPX file and coordinates of where we plan to meet, there are several places along this road that are cool lookouts. The current waypoint is just at the bottom where the road begins. The waypoint will be updated.

We plan to arrive at the site at 5pm and we'll be eating dinner up there. Bring yourself some chairs and something to eat. I'll contribute s'mores stuff.
All they are is chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow. How hard would that have been? -Michael Scott

View Rally Point

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

@wishihada4runner did you end up grabbing the coordinates from of the campfire site? I am getting the alignment done on my van at the Les Schwab on Broadway. They are running a little behind and it sounds like they are going to be done right at 5pm so I will have to meet up with you guys up at the site.

Rav4Idaho

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Boise, ID
First Name
Jed
Last Name
Clawson
Member #

Nice, we're famous! Are we viral now on the internet? When do we collect our viral money?

I had a good spotter so I didn't die. :D

That's always a fun section to play on. I have a dent in the lower lip of my Rav4 from this section. Another fun section is where Ridge Road intersects w/Rocky Canyon.