Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Thanks for the inquiry. There are quite a number of OB members in this part of the Region but there doesn't seem to much of a connection between us so because I would like to get to know some of the "local" members I want to have a meet up to see if there is any interest. I think there is value in building a community of members here in Southern Oregon for building friendships, working together, and camping together. This would, in turn, build the overall OB world wide community. Hope you will consider this.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks for setting this up Gary, I will add this to the list tomorrow morning on my weekly update.

Reactions: Big G

Crayoneater

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sams Valley, Or
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Tynan
Member #

Sounds good, there would be 3 possibly 4 for my party coming. Would be nice to meet some OB members.

Twizted

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

State of Jefferson
Member #

Thanks for the inquiry. There are quite a number of OB members in this part of the Region but there doesn't seem to much of a connection between us so because I would like to get to know some of the "local" members I want to have a meet up to see if there is any interest. I think there is value in building a community of members here in Southern Oregon for building friendships, working together, and camping together. This would, in turn, build the overall OB world wide community. Hope you will consider this.
I'm not in Oregon......

/unsub

The1Oregongirl

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grants Pass, OR
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Gay
Member #

The meetup is a great idea. I'm looking for another OB person to drive their setup and camp up to Alaska starting May 5. Leaving Montana to see Glacier Park, but I'm in Oregon

Reactions: M Rose and Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I'm not in Oregon......

/unsub
I understand that you are in the State of Jefferson aka, Nothern California, possibly including some of Oregon. I wanted to include those in NorCal as well if any were too far away from the Nor Cal OB region, and, they, yourself for instance, would like to be involved. I debated putting Southern Oregon/Northern California on the RP header but knew the invites would reach into California so left it the way you see it You're surely welcome.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I should be able to attend, if so, it would be 1 or 2 most likely.
Hi Chad, thanks for responding. When I was looking at the Member map I saw some from Roseberg and wanted to reach out and hoped some would come. Looking forward to meeting you.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I should be able to attend, if so, it would be 1 or 2 most likely.
Oh, forgot to mention that if you haven't already done so, please RSVP. I haven't checked it yet today so maybe this is on there already. Thanks..

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
we should be able to meet up.
Here's some information you might find helpful from Mike Rose the PNW Director.
Special Events:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

March 8th 9am-4pm 38th Annual 4x4 Off-road & Performance Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington. The oldest and largest off-road swap meet i. The Pacific Northwest. Check the flier for more details

March 14th 11:00 am-1pm Southern Oregon Meet and Greet at Black Forrest Family Restaurant in Grants Pass, Oregon.

Come to Grants Pass to:
Meet other OB members
Discuss interest in regular meet ups, trips, overlanding education, rig walk around
Eat lunch together
Make new friends with similar interests

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

June 25-28 British Columbia Overland Rally in Whistler BC. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. DM @Slimpartywagon to RSVP by May 31st to camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.
I’d be interested in this. It would be nice to meet more overlanders in the area.