Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

Trying to put together a run in the kofa rangeand maybe through the cibola side of 95 as well. Meetup will be at the gas station on 7e on hwy 95 here in Yuma. We can discuss the route here but what I was thinking is from the gas station head past the castledome museum through McPherson pass to king road. From there north past Polaris and kofa mines with a stop at the old grave yard. From there through the canyons to hoodoo cabin to camp. From there north to the gas line road or to wilbanks cabin. From the gas line road, to 95 to quartzite to fill up. Then south on 95 to cibola lake Rd through ypg (non stop) to the river to thecibola ghost towns grave yard then up the wash which comes out at red cloud mine Rd to lake Martinez...
This is over 300 miles and most of it has no cell service, so plan accordingly. It won't take place until Jan or Feb...
Thoughts?

Reactions: Neight

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

Wow I can't believe there's nobody in California that's interested in this...

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
I think interest will pick up as folks come in from the summer. A couple of years ago I put together a run on the El Diablo it took awhile and some back and forth before it came together. Your idea sounds interesting.

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

I meant for the trip two days, etc

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I've done it in 2 days. But that was with 1 other vehicle and the guy that went has done it before. I would imagine the more vehicles and people that go would take alittle longer

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Just seeing this thread. Still planning? I did Kofa earlier this year, over 2.5 days, it was fantastic. Only saw one other person the entire time we were out there. We entered the same way (make sure to get permission from the Castle Dome mine people to pass through their gate), headed north (coincidentally some of the very best views and campsites are right in the beginning which is a bummer). We went North to about the middle and headed east through Engesser Pass - I think this is a must if you want to make it a full couple days otherwise if you just head straight north it may not take that long. Then you can either hightail on the most eastern route (north), or cut a bit west to exit via Bighorn Pass. I posted my route in the routes section here if you need it otherwise you just need the Kofa map, pretty straight forward from there.

Reactions: danthman114