3-4 day Trip Southern CA

• HTML tutorial

FarverBeans

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and wanted to say hi and also ask some advice.

I'm going to get a week off in August and I'd love to use that week to get away from it all. I usually go mess around in the Anza Borrego Desert area but it's insanely hot there right now and I'm hankering for some mountains, and some solitude for me and my wife.

Our ride is a jeep wrangler and I have some experience 4 wheeling, not too much. Craziest trail I did was to the calcite mine in Anza Borrego, couple hairy sections thats about it.

I"m looking for some recommendations for a nice 3-4 day drip somewhere in the southern half of CA with an emphasis on peace and solitude. I know it's fire season which is unfortunate so I'm sure I'll have to keep that in mind when choosing a route.

Anyone have any favorite routes in this area that fit the bill?

Reactions: LBBronc90

Jeff D

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Big Bear area has some nice trails for Sept. If your interested the "way of life" jeep club there in so cal has a lot of info on them. I got stung by a bee under my tongue there while eating my sandwich. Talking about funny trying to get some one to pull the stinger out. Good times.