US West Spiritual Travelings Overlanding Group Ishi National Forest Week End. Postponed 'til further Notice.

• HTML tutorial

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hello everyone,

Due to the current Corvid - 19 Pandemic, we will be putting this trip on hold until a better time can be determined. Really looking forward to the time when we can get together to do this one. Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you all on the other side.

Scott & Cindy

We are heading into the Ishi Forest to spend the evening at Black Rock Canyon Camp Grounds to explore and experience the land of the last indigenous Indians; the Yahni.

View Rally Point

K9 HAULR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Incline Village, NV, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Lutz
Member #

Just blew out me left knee, so wont be able to do much other than maybe attend a local meeting for the next few months.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Thanks for posting. Never have heard of this area. Would like to go but it's to far for me, for only 1 night. If you do other trips in the area (and Tahoe too) keep me posted if you can. Have fun.

NorCal Explorer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Weaverville, CA
First Name
M
Last Name
K
Member #

I am going to see if I can make it. My rig just got a new motor and the next repair is the transmission. Would love to go and take lots of photographs and shoot some video of the area.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

This sounds cool is it family friendly?
Thanks for posting. Never have heard of this area. Would like to go but it's to far for me, for only 1 night. If you do other trips in the area (and Tahoe too) keep me posted if you can. Have fun.
Will do. Hoping to have a few trips this year. Keep watching.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I am going to see if I can make it. My rig just got a new motor and the next repair is the transmission. Would love to go and take lots of photographs and shoot some video of the area.
Hey there Nor Cal. Hope you can make it. Havn't seen you in a while.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

We do many trips in our local area but we do hope to do some trips in Death Valley and along the coast.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hey Nor Cal. Hoping that you can make it. Havn't seen you in a while.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Thanks for posting. Never have heard of this area. Would like to go but it\'s to far for me, for only 1 night. If you do other trips in the area (and Tahoe too) keep me posted if you can. Have fun.
Yeah, this is a National Forest just outside of Red Bluff. Long history of Native American residency and beautiful country. It's at a nice low elevation ( 1500 ft) so it works out for late and early season treking; less chance of snow and warmer temps for camping.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Just blew out me left knee, so wont be able to do much other than maybe attend a local meeting for the next few months.
Sorry to hear. Keep us on the radar and keep in mind we do monthly meet ups on the river if you are in the area. Second Wednesday of the moth; on the calendar.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

If you guys are interested in getting some information about who Ishi was and the history of the Yahi Tribe; check this out.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

It's starting to look like we may have a few people attending the trip. Black Rock camp ground has 6 organized disperesed sports. We should be able to put two vehicles ( or more ) per spots but I just want to put out there that we may have to be creative about spots.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Road in is 25 miles of well maintained fire road. I've seen 2wd out there but I would say that average clearance is recommended.

Auggie

Rank V

Advocate III

Oroville, CA, USA
First Name
Auggie
Last Name
Mireles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6ICE
Extra fuel? How much are we talking about? I got a Jeep wrangler and was wondering if this exploring will take much more fuel. Thank you

Auggie

Rank V

Advocate III

Oroville, CA, USA
First Name
Auggie
Last Name
Mireles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6ICE
It\'s starting to look like we may have a few people attending the trip. Black Rock camp ground has 6 organized disperesed sports. We should be able to put two vehicles ( or more ) per spots but I just want to put out there that we may have to be creative about spots.
I am not understanding what you mean about "spots". What is organized dispersed sports? After all, I only see three members signed up for this trip, Can you please elaborate? thank you