US Northwest Reocurring 3rd Friday of the Month - Beer & Gears ---> Moved to Sunday, March 22nd

• HTML tutorial

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
@Reichling and I were discussing moving this to Sockeye Brewing on fairview for next month. It's a tad quieter and easier to carry on a conversation.

Reactions: Reichling

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Woot woot! @Slimpartywagon any other OB members in La Grande that you know of? Side A Brewing there in La Grande looks pretty sweet. I would definitely be down for coming out that way as well for a meetup as well.
There are 4 of us here for sure, and I am having more people show up from Central Oregon and Southeastern Washington as well. Right now the weather seams to be my biggest hurdle to get people over here.

I quit drinking about 10 years ago or more, so I don’t know how good Side A Brewing is. I have heard mixed reviews. The Dusty Spur serves a mean breakfast. I might hold the next on there.
check out the Monthly La Grande, Oregon : Coffee, Rigs and Trails

ohh and I do plan to stop in and see you guys in March.

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

There are 4 of us here for sure, and I am having more people show up from Central Oregon and Southeastern Washington as well. Right now the weather seams to be my biggest hurdle to get people over here.

I quit drinking about 10 years ago or more, so I don’t know how good Side A Brewing is. I have heard mixed reviews. The Dusty Spur serves a mean breakfast. I might hold the next on there.
check out the Monthly La Grande, Oregon : Coffee, Rigs and Trails

ohh and I do plan to stop in and see you guys in March.
Ah gotcha. Darn that hits my on-call weekend. I just need cell service when I am on-call so in town meetups I can still do during on-call weekends but I can't remember how consistent the Verizon coverage is between Boise and La Grande. Can't be out of reach for >30 minutes when I am on-call. I will have to take note next time I drive out there.

But yeah, I am definitely down to head out to La Grande for meetups and trail runs. I really want to check the area out more. I have only camped in the area once and it was on my way to NWOR last year. It was at a developed camp ground up at Morgan Lake.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Ah gotcha. Darn that hits my on-call weekend. I just need cell service when I am on-call so in town meetups I can still do during on-call weekends but I can't remember how consistent the Verizon coverage is between Boise and La Grande. Can't be out of reach for >30 minutes when I am on-call. I will have to take note next time I drive out there.

But yeah, I am definitely down to head out to La Grande for meetups and trail runs. I really want to check the area out more. I have only camped in the area once and it was on my way to NWOR last year. It was at a developed camp ground up at Morgan Lake.
I use Verizon, and only loose service going through Lad Canyon (8 miles or so) if you take Piles Canyon out of North Powder on Hwy 30 you don’t loose service at all.

Morgan lake is Beautiful, I caught my first fish there at almost 3 years of age, although not even close to my first choice for a one night camping trip...a lot better lakes and streams around for camping... even heading up 84 to Hilligard park would be a better spot.

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

I use Verizon, and only loose service going through Lad Canyon (8 miles or so) if you take Piles Canyon out of North Powder on Hwy 30 you don’t loose service at all.

Morgan lake is Beautiful, I caught my first fish there at almost 3 years of age, although not even close to my first choice for a one night camping trip...a lot better lakes and streams around for camping... even heading up 84 to Hilligard park would be a better spot.
Gotcha, cool! I will try to make the February meetup in La Grande then.

Yeah, it was kinda last minute. We were planning on making it bit further towards Washington that day but we got a late start. We saw that on the map and it worked for a quick overnight pit stop. Was still a pretty nice spot for being a developed camp ground.

IMG_20190618_193137.jpg

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Is this going on this month? I am wanting to hit this up while taking my wife car shopping down there.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Well shoot, I have to set up for a gun show on this night... I really want to make it down there. :(

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Well shoot, I have to set up for a gun show on this night... I really want to make it down there. :(
When I was talking to you over the weekend, it sounded like you were coming out. Has that changed? We could always move it (but not to that Thursday, I have a prior engagement).

@reaver was saying Sockeye
I think sockeye would work better. Kids can come and eat, we can get a table, and it's quieter, so you can carry on a conversation.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
When I was talking to you over the weekend, it sounded like you were coming out. Has that changed? We could always move it (but not to that Thursday, I have a prior engagement).

I think sockeye would work better. Kids can come and eat, we can get a table, and it's quieter, so you can carry on a conversation.
When we were talking, I forgot it was the weekend of the gun show up here... I have commitments there that I am going to try and get out of... if not, there is always March. I’m also wanting to head down that way car shopping, but if my check doesn’t come in, then Going car shopping isn’t going to happen.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
When we were talking, I forgot it was the weekend of the gun show up here... I have commitments there that I am going to try and get out of... if not, there is always March. I’m also wanting to head down that way car shopping, but if my check doesn’t come in, then Going car shopping isn’t going to happen.
I can understand that. Going car shopping without money doesn't seem like a worthwhile effort.