Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairfield, IA, USA
First Name
RK
Last Name
C
Member #

Below is the description from the Indiana DNR website, this is my first time to this location, so this is new to me.

Interlake State Recreation Area (ISRA), former coal mine land straddling Pike and Warrick counties, is a multi-use recreational facility focusing on off-road vehicle (ORV) recreation. Interlake is approximately 3,550 acres with nearly 100 miles of trails and 17 lakes (many of which can be accessed for fishing). The three areas of mining and reclamation create a variety of trail experiences for ORV enthusiasts, horse riders, hikers and mountain bikers. From steep spoil banks to rolling grasslands, man-made lakes and strip pits, Interlake offers a diverse array of topography and scenic views.

View Rally Point

w2wlds

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairfield, IA, USA
First Name
RK
Last Name
C
Member #

thanks. Jason. looking forward to it also. It's good that someone with experience is coming, I was hoping for that. Somewhat new to this.
I'll be meeting with the folks near Nashville, IN on Sat, then be down to Lynnville in the am.

w2wlds

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairfield, IA, USA
First Name
RK
Last Name
C
Member #

Looking forward to Sunday, but on Saturday I'll have to work. So I'll not be joining the folks in Nashville, IN.

w2wlds

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairfield, IA, USA
First Name
RK
Last Name
C
Member #

seeing that you both have been there before, where do you suggest we meet up? is 9:00 am ok? or earlier/later?

wink

Rank I

Contributor III

KY, Radcliff
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
W
I believe there was parking at the gatehouse, or there is "staging" parking area about a mile past the gatehouse.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Meet at the gates by 9am EST, correct? My son and I will be there. How “easy” is this trail? How much mud on the easy trails? New Dueler A/T’s ok? Thanks

w2wlds

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairfield, IA, USA
First Name
RK
Last Name
C
Member #

sounds good. There are a lot of easy trails, according to the DNR website. Here is a photo of my 4runner. I'll try and be there early

2007 4runner.jpg

Reactions: DadJokes

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
GPS says we’ll be there right at 9.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Looks like you guys had a good...wish I could have made it out...but house duties called....