270 degree awning. Passenger or Driver side?

• HTML tutorial

TylerC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Medicine Hat, AB, Canada
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
C
Member #

I am fairly certain I am going to pick up the Wraptor 4K awning that was showcased on YouTube. Which side of the vehicle do I get? What are the pros and cons to each?

We always camp and set up on the passenger side, but my kitchen slide comes out of my truck box on the driver side and I don't think it'll cover it for rain purposes.

This decision is turning out to be more difficult than I expected! Any advice is appreciated.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What vehicle is it going on?
On a Jeep JK the rear door swings from the right. So the best way to utilize a 270 awning is to put it on the driver side. Every rig is different, this is just my experience with the JK

ndamico

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
D'Amico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6TBF
If you slide comes out pretty far the end will be exposed. If you plan to run walls on the wraptor the 6k walls angle out so you'll get more coverage. Driver side mount will cover more of the driver side slide than the rear, but isn't a huge difference. Some folks run 2 4ks of the same side (driver for exsmple). One swings over side and back, the other over front and opposite side. Think one mounted backwards!