Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Not me but my wife does up to 50milers - She is training for one now!

She has done around 75-100 1/2 marathons / 20-25 marathons a few 50k & a bazillion 5 & 10k

She is something else!

—————————

Hey Now!

Reactions: jscusmcvet

jscusmcvet

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Caliri
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
I have done 2 marathons and countless runs shorter than that. I prefer trail. I am slow as dirt, but for some reason enjoy it. Still looking for the right combo of training and nutrition to finish the longer than 20 milers with no muscle cramping. Last year did the Marine Corps Marathon for the first time and had a great time. Quite emotional for this broken down old jarhead. I am entered in that again this year, and considering finding a 50k to try, since I am turning 50 this year. Running fits perfectly with overlanding. We almost always camp when we travel for a run. Makes post run festivities so much more fun.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I was but I've let myself go round. I've done the MC marathon once with pretty poor results but I've ran a few ultras. I was always a slow distance runner and keeping a marathon pace was always hard. I made the joke for years that I was a 4Lo runner. Since breaking my legs and back I'm lucky to run to the fridge, lol. It's completely my fault though. I've still got a few years of work if I'm ever going to run again. Maybe one day. :0)

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

I have done 2 marathons and countless runs shorter than that. I prefer trail. I am slow as dirt, but for some reason enjoy it. Still looking for the right combo of training and nutrition to finish the longer than 20 milers with no muscle cramping. Last year did the Marine Corps Marathon for the first time and had a great time. Quite emotional for this broken down old jarhead. I am entered in that again this year, and considering finding a 50k to try, since I am turning 50 this year. Running fits perfectly with overlanding. We almost always camp when we travel for a run. Makes post run festivities so much more fun.
That's funny.. my wife did her 30 for 30 & 40 for 40 - but skipped to 50miles for 43 for some reason.

We have a 50k the 22nd in Weston Mass & the 50 miles is May 28th in Gray Maine.

Good Luck With Your Search

Nashville does a 50mile every fall & My wife did a 50k in SC

—————————

Hey Now!

jscusmcvet

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Caliri
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
That's funny.. my wife did her 30 for 30 & 40 for 40 - but skipped to 50miles for 43 for some reason.

We have a 50k the 22nd in Weston Mass & the 50 miles is May 28th in Gray Maine.

Good Luck With Your Search

Nashville does a 50mile every fall & My wife did a 50k in SC

—————————

Hey Now!

There are all kinds of 50k's around. It is all about timing and motivation for me at this point. Don't think a jump to 50 miles is doable for me, but 50k is. We'll see if I find one that motivates me or not. At least I have the MCM all set and ready to go.

Glenny

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sandy, UT
Member #

My wife and I use our rig to camp when we do ultras (50K, 50milers, 100 milers) There is a series here in Utah that has ultras at each of the national parks. The race start/finish area ends up being a temporary community of trail runners in their tents and rigs. Pretty fun way to use ours. We also disappear into BLM land or similar and find trails to run and park our rig nearby and just stay the weekend to get in our long runs. I think over landing and trail running/ultras go hand in hand for us.

Semper Adventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Service Branch
USAM
Like a few others we camp and I run Ultra's, if there is a lesser option she will usually run as well. Anyone here taking on any of the 200 milers this year? Will be at Tahoe in Sept.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
All of you people are nuts! I admire you but I don’t envy you. I don’t run unless something really scary is running after me. My wife and some of my friends find it therapeutic.

We were in Ouray on Imogene in a freaking hailstorm and there were some crazy runners up there doing a 100 miler. I was impressed and dumbfounded. It’s amazing what they were doing but why?

I would really like to do a run & gun or something like that but I’ve got to find a way to motivate myself to train for the running. My knees and ankles don’t care for it very much either.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Use to do alot of obstacle corse races and trail runs ,usually had no real plan id just find a trailhead and see where it goes . hate the street . Been away from running for about 2 years now but really motivated to tackle a 50 miler in the next couple years

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

The wife and I have been doing Tough Mudder for the past few years. They average 10-12 miles. She will do runs occasionally all year. I train for about 6 weeks leading up to Tough Mudder and then nothing the rest of the year.

Chris Owens

Rank II

Advocate II

Vermont
Member #

Im a runner. 50k's have been my longest events and those were also camping trips. Now that we have 2 toddlers I tend to run everyday, but only 3-5 miles per day. I sometimes get longer runs on the weekends (8-10).

jscusmcvet

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Caliri
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Just signed up for the MArine Corps Marathon again. I suppose it's time to get my fat ass moving... :-)

Reactions: Chris Owens

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

I have been doing Spartan/Obstacle Course Races. So far I've lost 50# and have gotten faster and stronger over the past couple of years.

feetforbrains

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vashon, WA 98070
First Name
MatthewAlan
Last Name
Thyer
Member #

I've stopped competition, but I live to run. My longest are 100+ segments of the PCT. High country is better than low. YMMV

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk