San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Been wanting to do this trip for a while, and I know there are others out there who also want to do it. Just wanted to put this together and see if I can get a few folks interested. If not...no biggie I'll run it solo. If you would like to join and you have run it before please step to the front of the line.

Also, I am open to all suggestions to make this a success. Please speak up, I won't take offense. Just want folks to have a good safe time.

View Rally Point

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Been wanting to do this trip for a while, and I know there are others out there who also want to do it. Just wanted to put this together and see if I can get a few folks interested. If not...no biggie I'll run it solo. If you would like to join and you have run it before please step to the front of the line.

Also, I am open to all suggestions to make this a success. Please speak up, I won't take offense. Just want folks to have a good safe time.
When you planning to do this I'd like to go but I'd need time to plan it in as not to interfere with work

Reactions: Tray

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Robert (@DoggMan1163) If you click the View Rally Point button in the bottom left corner of Tray's post it will take you to a page with the event info such as date, start time, meet up, attendees, difficulty, communication options, etc.
It's really a nice tool for setting up events.

I need to head south and spend some time in the hill country, have some deep family roots there so there are some places I would definitely like to visit.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
When you planning to do this I'd like to go but I'd need time to plan it in as not to interfere with work
It’ll be 3 August, so you have a couple weeks to plan. If that doesn’t work I think, and the trip is a success maybe I’ll set it up for a second run at a later date.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Robert (@DoggMan1163) If you click the View Rally Point button in the bottom left corner of Tray's post it will take you to a page with the event info such as date, start time, meet up, attendees, difficulty, communication options, etc.

I need to head south and spend some time in the hill country, have some deep family roots there so there are some places I would definitely like to visit.
Jon, do you think you will make it on the 3rd?

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Yes I figured that out after I had posted it thanks for the information though I should have went back and said never mind I had it and again thanks

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Yes I figured that out after I had posted it thanks for the information though I should have went back and said never mind I had it and again thanks
Email sent, let me know how I can help. Hope you can make it.

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

I'm going to try and get my schedule clear so I can go but no promises at this point I definitely will not know tell close to the end of the week

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
I'm going to try and get my schedule clear so I can go but no promises at this point I definitely will not know tell close to the end of the week
No worries, I definitely understand how that goes. I don’t think it’ll fill up but if it does I’ll save a space for you, just incase it works out in the end.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

No worries, I definitely understand how that goes. I don’t think it’ll fill up but if it does I’ll save a space for you, just incase it works out in the end.
Thanks being a over the road driver makes life a little harder for planning stuff so any help given is a big help

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
I am interested in going. What kind of gear would I need at a minimum? New to overlanding and am building up my gear to be more capable.
From what I’ve read it shouldn’t be very technical...bring a fire extinguisher, 1st aid kit, water, food and camping gear if we do an overnighter. Check that your vehicle had recovery points front and back, bring a shackle. Shovel, Spare tire and tire repair kit. I wouldn’t go out and buy a hole lot of stuff. Once we get closer and know who’s going maybe we can take inventory of who has what...if we get 10 rigs we don’t all have to carry a hi-lift jack, etc. that way we can save space and weight.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

It's a great run, but unfortunately I don't think I can make it. I'm leaving a small chance to hope!