Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Come join us for a day of trail maintenance in the San Bernadino National Forest at our newly adopted trail, Grapevine Canyon!

We'll meet in Fawnskin at center of town on the north side of Big Bear Lake, look for 3 fawn statues pictured above. GPS coordinates are listed on the RP map below for exact location. Please be there by 10am sharp; this is where we'll be joining the Park Ranger, after which we'll head out to Grapevine Canyon which is about an hour away. We'll perform basic trail maintenance, and if it's already looking pretty good, we can take to cleaning the BLM portion of the trail (where the driving gets a bit more technical), as well as nearby campsites that may need it. Duration to be determined by the condition of the trail.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THE ADDITIONAL NOTES BELOW

View Rally Point
Reactions: Kent R

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Looking forward to stuffing trash bags and getting Trucky dirty!

TM Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Pula
Looks like it will be good. I signed up with Overland Bound at the Expo in May but haven't done anything yet. I think I'll come and hook up. Anyone camping afterwards?

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
TM Overland: some people are camping Friday and/or Saturday night. I'll be at Horse Springs campground near the trailhead on Fri night; so far I don't have plans for a predetermined location for Sat night.

TM Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Pula
Things have come up that may waylay my plans to make it there this weekend, so I'll be there or I won't. Last minute decision. But I definitely want to meet up sometime.

Reactions: Narbob

AnInterestingLifeOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Leicester, UK
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Stage
Member #

I'll be joining you. I'll probably meet up with you on Friday evening at Horse Springs. I'll be in Black Betty. You won't be able to miss her; Ford 4x4 F350 ex-USAF ambulance conversion. See you there!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I'll be joining you. I'll probably meet up with you on Friday evening at Horse Springs. I'll be in Black Betty. You won't be able to miss her; Ford 4x4 F350 ex-USAF ambulance conversion. See you there!
Great, check the Rally Point for all information.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Haven't heard much from this thread. Are we just meeting in Fawnskin at 10 am? Anyone coming up from OC?

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Haven't heard much from this thread. Are we just meeting in Fawnskin at 10 am? Anyone coming up from OC?
I’ll be there tomorrow, do my “family thing” and then meeting on Saturday am. Last I heard @Unbound4R and @Barclay are headed up tomorrow and camping.

Reactions: FrankRoams

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Thank you everyone for coming out and helping to keep our forests clean! I had a great time, and we definitely did some hard work and made a dent. Photos to come!