US Rocky Mountain Family Friendly Weekend of Camping and Trails in Southwestern Utah - 03/15/2019

• HTML tutorial

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
Dispersed camping at Long Valley Recreation Area. 37.107202, -113.443992 Arrive Friday March 15th and depart or personal exploration, Sunday the 17th.

Saturday morning we will start out around 9 AM with the West rim trail, after that, there is so much open space and terrain variability it will keep us entertained all day. Pack lunch, water, etc. Then we’ll head back to camp for some campfire bonding.

The trails offer something for all experience levels and include sand, slick rock, dunes, and everything in between

View Rally Point

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
There are no public bathrooms or water nearby.. please plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuiltForWandering

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
There are no public bathrooms or water nearby.. please plan accordingly. There is a restroom on the top of sand mountain that we will pass by when trail riding. Also, we will be on public land and sharing the area with ATVs of all kinds. There will be places for kids to climb rocks, hike, and play on sand dunes.
There is a restroom on the top of sand mountain that we will pass by when trail riding. Also, we will be on public land and sharing the area with ATVs of all kinds. There will be places for kids to climb rocks, hike, and play on sand dunes.

Reactions: Cendee

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
posted some photos from last weekend.. preview for those attending! https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/lets-see-some-trail-photos.9961/page-13

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Dispersed camping at Long Valley Recreation Area. 37.107202, -113.443992 Arrive Friday March 15th and depart or personal exploration, Sunday the 17th.

Saturday morning we will start out around 9 AM with the West rim trail, after that, there is so much open space and terrain variability it will keep us entertained all day. Pack lunch, water, etc. Then we’ll head back to camp for some campfire bonding.

The trails offer something for all experience levels and include sand, slick rock, dunes, and everything in between

Cant wait. I hope its sunny. Ive had enough snow for a few years!!!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Had a blast with you guys last weekend, look forward to this trip again!
But its so far.....But I wont get there until like 3 am.....But, but, but.... Glad I could finally convince you to drive down.

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Excited to meetup with everyone later today! We'll setup camp and do some exploring around a bit. Tomorrow plan on some slickrock trail and sand in the sand dunes. Good opportunity to find the limits of your rigs and to expand your driving skills! Drive safe everyone!