Launch Member

Influencer II

Adams County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Balasko
Member #

I have done the Mojave road before but wanted to take a bit more time exploring some of the side roads. Looking at doing the lava tubes, a mine or two, the mailbox, the penny tree, and travelers monument.

We will NOT be doing the water crossing, rather we will come out at Zyzxx Road.

We will meet at the last gas station in Palm Garden - 105 Palm Gardens Dr, Palm Gardens, NV 89039 at 9:30am - Roll by 10.

View Rally Point
Reactions: Kent R

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
sounds like fun... we will be doing it on April when is at little warmer lol.... be safe out there

moonpatrol

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
MMM
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6EAT
My brother and I will be heading out Saturday morning as well. First time for us noobs. We are planning to explore around a bit and try to mix in some hikes. Just got my copy of the road guide and studying carefully. (Edit: just saw rally point info)
Checking out rally point info now, definitely will try to meet up at some point regardless.

Last edited:

moonpatrol

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
MMM
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6EAT
Checking point forecasts, I’m not seeing temps in the low twenties. Phallus camp showing low estimate around 37F, but lower elevations in low 40s. Are those nws forecast not good in this area?

We’re going to spend 4 days on the trail, but we might try to meet you at rally point. Any idea where you will camp?

Overland_Mike

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Adams County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Balasko
Member #

Checking point forecasts, I’m not seeing temps in the low twenties. Phallus camp showing low estimate around 37F, but lower elevations in low 40s. Are those nws forecast not good in this area?

We’re going to spend 4 days on the trail, but we might try to meet you at rally point. Any idea where you will camp?
I think we are shooting for the mid-hills area. We are gonna check out Goff’s, head back up to camp phallus and then go to mid-hills. Text me if you want 702-606-9688

moonpatrol

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
MMM
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6EAT
Sadly we were on the road far too late. Saw your APRS (and headlights I believe) right before you crossed the piute range and wasn't able to raise you on 2m--we ended up camping on the East side of the range.

Did you make it all the way as planned? Were you able to make it down Watson Wash? Seemed challenging!