Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Just called, and they do not have any firewood for sale. Like I said before, there should be a bunch on the ground that we can collect. @Luinil Explorations and I will be bringing some from home as well.
I’ll pick up a bundle today as well… just figured it would be easier down there instead of up here.

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Mod Team
Benefactor
Expedition

Advocate III

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
We will be catching up with everyone at camp later today
Awesome, we look forward to seeing you here.

Main party just left Vale, Oregon

reaver

Rank VI
Expedition

Influencer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Thanks to everyone who came out!

We had a great time, and it was wonderful meeting @rstedy32 and his girlfriend, @dansun86 and his kids. We also had @David H and his daughter, @Luinil Explorations, @M Rose, myself, and my wife and daughter.

On Saturday, @rstedy32 went and explored looking for a possible path across the river. We ultimately didn't find one, and explored a road that had a couple of technical challenges that we ended up having to tackle during a pretty heavy rain storm.

On Sunday, we explored down the river, and ended up on a very narrow shelf road that dead ended. We managed to get turned around, and decided to go up a road that turned into a very steep loose hill climb of about 40-45 degrees. Of course, since I was in front, I ended up going first, which was not fun, bit made it up with no drama so to speak (other than my wife pooping bricks the whole time, but honestly, I was too a little bit.

On the way back to camp, we stopped and checked out an old harvester, a shack/lean-to, and an old army truck that's buried up to the frame.

On the way out, we had to descend down a very slick, mud covered windy road with a wall on one side, and a drop off on the other.

All in all a great weekend of exploring, and camping.

I cant wait to do it again next year!

Last edited:

David H

NorthWest Region Member Rep Southern ID
Expedition

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I'll be posting my review in three parts.

Chava and I had a great time. I had been sick Wednesday-Friday and only started feeling better Saturday noon, when we decided to head off to adventure. I only got the last hour of my drive saved, so I guess it makes editing a lot easier... :-)

Here's Day1 of our Memorial Day Adventure into Mordor (S/E Oregon)...

2022 Memorial Day Adventure - Day 1

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI
Expedition

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Ubi
Last Name
Ety
Member #

Ham Callsign
Ribs
I'll be posting my review in three parts.

Chava and I had a great time. I had been sick Wednesday-Friday and only started feeling better Saturday noon, when we decided to head off to adventure. I only got the last hour of my drive saved, so I guess it makes editing a lot easier... :-)

Here's Day1 of our Memorial Day Adventure into Mordor (S/E Oregon)...

2022 Memorial Day Adventure - Day 1
Awesome! Thanks for putting the video together! Chava is a cutie ;)

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Mod Team
Benefactor
Expedition

Advocate III

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you to everyone who came this year. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. A huge shout out to @reaver for putting this trip together and for driving all the way up here to La Grande to pick me up and take me home. I had an excellent time.

I am working on stitching my video together. And going through all the pictures I took. I should have something to post in the next few days.

Reactions: Ubiety and reaver